UNTHSC MedSci 2021-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yourmom’sDoc

Reaction score
Hi guys, I didn't find a thread for this upcoming class for the UNTHSC MedSci program and decided to start one up. So what I know so far is that the deadline has been pushed to April 1st. I've heard some people have already received an acceptance, which probably means the next wave of acceptances is coming soon. If you have been accepted already could you please share your stats.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
They just sent the first round of acceptances today. The order of application reviewing seems to be random as I applied in February but already got accepted. I had a 3.2 cGPA and around 3.1 science GPA with a 510 MCAT. Super excited to attend this school, I've heard great things.

Reactions: 2 users
Got accepted yesterday afternoon! Very excited. I have heard great things about the program. Also definitely nervous about starting school again. Does anyone know if by clicking accept in our portal we are committing to the program? I plan to accept and attend but I am also on a waitlist for a med school and I am not sure if accepting is considered a commitment to attend or not. Thanks!

Edit to include stats: 3.64 cumulative, 3.42 science, and 510 MCAT.
Edit #2: I found the answer I think. You can accept and then change your mind later as long as you email them ASAP. Just in case anyone else is wondering.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

Of those accepted, are you attending the co-hort in-person program? Do you have more information about it, as far as in person timings, etc. Thanks

Has anyone heard about when they'll do a second round of admission? Since they pushed the deadline back to 4/15 for applications is the start date still June 1st?