Quantcast

UofL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bubbajones

BIG TEX
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Has anyone heard about the post bacc pre-med program at University of Louisville? Has anyone participtaed what is it like?

dtreese

Caramel Gollum
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I signed up as a pb student and pretty much took courses on my own. UL has quality science programs.

bubbajones

BIG TEX
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does UofL accept pst bacc students from out of state? Is housing expensive in louisville?

works

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i was so excited when i read your post about uofl post bacc. if we are talking about the same post bacc, i have not heard anything either and it is scary because it is march. yes, they take out of state students and you can live on campus.:clap:

dtreese

Caramel Gollum
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
DO NOT get the med school apartments!!!!!!! These are horrible! You can live elsewhere for the same amount of money. The building is run down and in a very bad area.

I pay $509/month for a 2-bedroom with washer, dryer and dishwasher. Hot water is paid for, but I pay utilities. My place is about 4 miles from the med school (10 min. outside of rush hour, 15-30 min. during).

I wouldn't worry about the postbac thing -- UofL likes nontraditional students a lot. Unfortunately, there are not all that many out-of-state positions in any given class.

works

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I do not know where I will live, I just know they have apartments or dorms on the campus. I just kinda thought it would be financially better to live on campus but I have not research it yet. I have not heard anything from their postbac so I got some more time to figure it out; but, thanks because I need all the information I can get. I have visited the campus and I agree with you about the area. thanks:clap:

HippocratesX

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm a post-bacc pre-med student at U of L. I just moved to Louisville this past August to start my postbacc and so far so good! I was full-time for the first semester, but needed some financial support, so I'm now working as a Research Tech III in the Dept. of Neurosurgery, while taking classes in the evening (and afternoon). I also live in the Med/Dent apartments and let me tell you it is NOTTTTT worth it! Seriously, I agree with dtreese. But, if you are totally new to Louisville, like I was, and wouldn't mind paying for the convenience of being located 2 feet from campus/classes/labs/hospitals, then....it might be worth it. The nice thing about it, is that you can get a month to month lease, if you tell them that you are just a visiting student, and the price doesn't really differ by much, compared to having a year's lease. Anyway, just a word of caution about the administration....they're really slow and often incompetent when it comes to getting anything done, as far as bursar/financial aide, etc....but the Profs are pretty good and I guess I can't complain too much about U of L, since its a good school overall. Anyway, good luck and feel free to e-mail me if you come to U of L. I'm trying to get together a postbacc group/meeting to discuss experienes and information so we can all benefit from eachother's discoveries and mistakes.....

[email protected]

works

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks, for the information and i will drop you an email when I hear something.
:D