UOP 3rd Tier

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dalat16

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when UOP will respond to 3rd Tier applicants? I deposited my 2k for Touro but am still holding my hopes for UOP. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I still haven't heard anything yet..

Same here... I haven't heard anything yet. (Submitted everything October 10th.)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm I got an interview this month. I turned in my pharmcas app sometime in August and my supplemental near the Nov. 1 deadline. I thought that would put me in the 3rd tier....I'm not so sure anymore. Anyhow, I got a letter from them about 2-3 weeks after the deadline for an interview. I hope that helps!

BTW, does anyone know how their interviews are or what goes on during the day? It would be appreciated. Thanks!

BTW, does anyone know how their interviews are or what goes on during the day? It would be appreciated. Thanks!
You have to complete a writing sample and an interview. I'm not sure how many students will be there to interview, but from what I've heard they split the students into two groups. One group takes the writing sample, while the other students interview separately. Then the groups switch.

The writing sample is an hour long (I think?) and you have to choose one topic or question out of three that are given. I think they're just trying to make sure that you can write, get your ideas across effectively, and make sure that your sample writing somewhat matches your style of writing in your application essays.

The interview is around 30 minutes (I think?) and it consists of a panel of two students and one faculty member. I'm sure you'll have to introduce yourself, tell them about you, answer questions, and they'll probably give you some scenarios and ask what you'd do in the situations.

Hmm I got an interview this month. I turned in my pharmcas app sometime in August and my supplemental near the Nov. 1 deadline. I thought that would put me in the 3rd tier....I'm not so sure anymore. Anyhow, I got a letter from them about 2-3 weeks after the deadline for an interview. I hope that helps!QUOTE]

You're very lucky, kimpervious! I also turned my pharmcas in late August and submitted my supplemental in 3rd tier, but haven't heard anything. I emailed them, but all I get is a generic response.

If anyone knows of anything, please keep us updated. Thanks.

i just got a letter saying that my application is being reviewed... letter dated jan 2

thanks everyone for your responses.

good news: i got an invite to interview dated jan 8.

good luck, everyone!

Congrats!!! and Good luck on the interviews.

I turned my apps in during the 3rd Tier as well, but very near to the deadline.. so I haven't received any letter pertaining to an interview yet.. :( I hope to hear from them soon!

Would any one know when the latest app's will hear news of this? Thanks- :)

i just got a letter saying that my application is being reviewed... letter dated jan 2
Did they say you were on "hold", or just being "reviewed"?

I got their generic letter stating that they would "begin reviewing my appplication" about a month ago. I haven't received anything since then. I'm starting to get nervous.

Did they say you were on "hold", or just being "reviewed"?

I got their generic letter stating that they would "begin reviewing my appplication" about a month ago. I haven't received anything since then. I'm starting to get nervous.

it just said that my application is "ready for preliminary review"

i wonder how long after that letter till we get an interview or rejection

I just received my interview invite for UOP through email today. It was a surprise because I turned everything in right on the Nov.1 deadline, which is pretty late in the game. So if you're a Tier 3 applicant, look out for interview invites from UOP!:)

I just received an interview invitation from UoP via e-mail. They will also send an official letter for my personal record.

there is no essay needed to be written before the interview rite?