UOP accpetance list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentistplease

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all,

this is kind of early and i guess everyone is worried about getting addmission somewhere or the other.I think most of the results are out leaving out UCSF and UOP.

Please do put your feed back about what u felt about the UOP interview here.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

dentistplease said:
hi all,

this is kind of early and i guess everyone is worried about getting addmission somewhere or the other.I think most of the results are out leaving out UCSF and UOP.

Please do put your feed back about what u felt about the UOP interview here.

Thanks

Wow UOP & UCSF results?..But I heared my friend saying that results will be out only 3 weeks?

results r not out yet.so relax folks
regarding uop, it was the most organised interviews .
17th evening - started registration at 4.30
u get ur file with ur interview timing and info abt theschool.AND A BAdge with ur name and country
after registration thrs dinner and u go to ur assigned table .while having diner 3 ids students 2 seniors and 1 junior come andspeak to u about theschool and answer question they r very helpful.
thn the school tour starts .
after tht dr neilson speaks , giving info abt the interview the practical exam wht the selection criteria would be etc
tht ends the session
18th 19th interviews
20th- practical. go in at 7.30 am.
u get ur kit etcthn u can practice on plaster mounted teeth for half an hour.thn they give a 10min break .thn the pacticalmanuals describing the preps step by step,were handed out. even dimensions of the burs and the burs to be used were given. its really good. modelsof the preps r also given.
exam ends exactly at 12 noon as they had mentioned
well any1 can addon anything i have missed
also we should start a thread abt ucsf and ucla and usc so tht every1 will be benifitted

:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
mine was 1 on 1. interviewed by dr. guisty. very friendly interview went on for a long time

Hello guys,
Do any one have any idea about when will UOP & UCSF results be out?

dentaldoc said:
Hello guys,
Do any one have any idea about when will UOP & UCSF results be out?

Ar UoP they said to expect results by a middle of January.

on the practical exam day, after it was over, ms.king told me tht they would be able to let us know by dec15th.

Ann 03 said:
on the practical exam day, after it was over, ms.king told me tht they would be able to let us know by dec15th.

Great, the sooner, the better. I preffer to know it soon whatever they decide.

hi guys

this is just a heads up.. i spoke with Rob yesterday and asked him when would school be releasing the results, he said it would be next week most probs mid of week...

Hi,

All you guys waiting for UOP, dont to wait much longer.I had mailed them to ask about UOP and this is the answer that i got......

We are hoping to send letters next Wednesday afternoon. There is one
more Committee that must review the files of those who were
interviewed.
We're almost there!

best of luck to all

Oh, those last days are going to be the worst. Well, at least I will know the results before leaving for Europe on Sunday. To get accepted would be a good Christmas present foe me. But I don't have my hopes too high.

hi sj35,

Dont worry about UOP.Maybe you will be the 1st one to get in.Keep you hopes high.Trust me God works in mysterious ways.

Best of luck

SJ35 said:
Oh, those last days are going to be the worst. Well, at least I will know the results before leaving for Europe on Sunday. To get accepted would be a good Christmas present foe me. But I don't have my hopes too high.
good luck to u, SJ35. :) i am sure u will get in . have a very nice christmas.
do u live in san francisco or california? in tht case u might get the letter early.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, Dentistplease and Ann for your surport. Whatever happens, happens... There always is a next year. :)
I live in Phoenix, Arizona, so maybe I will get the letter by Saturday...
Anyways, you all guys have nice holidays

hi all,

Just wanted to let you guys know that the final decisions are being made today afternoon and then after that the letters will be mailed through regular mails.

Best of luck.

I called up Miss Patricia King at UOP and she said the committee may meet this afternoon but she sounded as if she is not sure about it. If they meet, then probably they will mail the letters out from tomorrow. But if they don't, then she said we need to wait till mid of Jan for the results.

Hey,
I spoke to Rob and he said that they will be sending the letters sometime next week before the holidays.

hi!
they r mailing the results on this friday!
good luck everybody!!!
ubd

hi all,
just got a call from Rob. i have been placed on the alternate list. does anyone know how much the alternate list moves in UOP?

sanju

hi sanju

congratulations!!!! :)

DentalSupremo said:
Iam on the alternate list too.

I don't know how much the waiting list moves in Pacific; but I'm sure it's very correlated with UCSF.

I mean, the waiting list at Pacific will start moving more as UCSF admission deadline approaches. I don't know if this makes sense. The more people decide on going to UCSF, the more they'll drop out of Pacific admitted or alternate list. And viceversa as well (drop UCSF and come to Pacific, thus moving UCSF waiting list).

UCSF and Pacific share a high percentage of the people they interview, I assume they share even a higher percentage of the people they send acceptance letters to.

When are UCSF and Pacific admission deposit deadlines? Those two dates are the ones you should keep an eye on.

Good luck everyone. :luck:

the deadline for acceptence deposit at UCSF is 20 December

Desi Doc said:
the deadline for acceptence deposit at UCSF is 20 December

That's nice..So that people who are waitlisted will get to know their stats soon..
But I wonder why this UCLA who had early interview have their deadline as jan3rd :(

Last year the overlap between UCSF and UOP applicants that were given admission was very high. But this year I feel, lot of applicants who got interview calls from UCSF did not get from UOP and viceversa. So there may not be high overlap of candidates accepted.

Did anybody get a call about the acceptance?

i got a call that i got acceptance in UOP.

Congratulations, Ivshah.
I guess I didn't get into any list then, as I didn't recieve the call.

SJ35 said:
Congratulations, Ivshah.
I guess I didn't get into any list then, as I didn't recieve the call.
hi!
I think you will directly get letter of acceptance , i thik they must be sure that you will accept admission ..............

congrats to every1 who r in the waiting list or been accepted :) :thumbup:

I just called Rob and he said I didn't get accepted. So congratulations to all that got accepted or got on the alternate list. Best luck to you all! I'm joining the "NYU is my last chance" club :)

Hi,
All those who have been waitlisted ,has everybody been asked to send in the deposit.

hi neha,

I think all those waitlisted are supposed to pay the deposit. According to what Rob told me the deposit will be applied towards the acceptance deposit if we are offered admission or else it will be refunded.
So neha, are you going to remain on the waitlist since i noticed that you have an aceptance from BU. Anyone else who got waitlisted . As of now we have 3 waitlisted candidates and 1 acceptance from SDN

ivshah , i noticed that you are accepted in UCSF too. where have you planned on going? just curious. hope you do not mind me asking.

Meggs, thanks for clearing our doubts. if you do not mind telling us, how many rom your calss have been accepeted from trhe waitlist. ( just to get an idea).

sanju

Hello everyone. I am new to this site, just found out about it.

I got a call from Rob on Thursday too saying i was on the alternate list and asking me if i was interested. I said yes.

I've been searching this site to see who all have been accepted at uop, but i see only one person - ivshah. Congratulations! :thumbup:

Im surprised to see no more people who have been accepted. Does anyone know anymore people who have been accepted to the program, and whether or not they will go to UOP?

cuspid said:
Hello everyone. I am new to this site, just found out about it.

I got a call from Rob on Thursday too saying i was on the alternate list and asking me if i was interested. I said yes.

I've been searching this site to see who all have been accepted at uop, but i see only one person - ivshah. Congratulations! :thumbup:

Im surprised to see no more people who have been accepted. Does anyone know anymore people who have been accepted to the program, and whether or not they will go to UOP?

I have been accepted at UOP , today spoke to Dr. nielson and i will not be going there , its a great school and they have a great and friendly staff ! if i didn't want to specialize i might have gone for it . :thumbup: never seen a friendlier enviornment in a dental school.

All the best to all of you

Hi all,

I recieved the alternate ist letter on Saturday. I am planning to send the cheque of $500 tomorrow. Now we now that there is at least 1 seat vacant in UOP since MTJ is not going to attend. MTJ congratulations on bering accepted in USC and UCSF. I think you are planning to go to UCSF(correct me if I am wrong). All the best to you.

If anyone else know anyone who is been accepeted or is planning to withdraw., do post it on thi thread. it will help people on the alternate list. Also MTJ , what date were you given to submit the deposit in UOP, because in my letter it says i have to submit $50 by Jan 21st to remain on the alternate list. I was wondering if it the same date for those who have been accepted too.

sanju

Thanks MTJ for replying and for letting us know what your decision is. Congrats on your acceptance to UCSF.

Sanju, I spoke with Rob on Friday, and yes, the deadline for people to send in their deposits whether they're on the alternate list or accepted is Jan 21st.

Hopefully, today being the deadline for UCSF, we'll get a clearer picture of what people are deciding to do. As long as they decide to post their decisions that is. :)

hi guys,

any news on waitlist in uop?did anyone recieve an acceptance from the waitlist? cusoid, neha, dental supremo, dd you'll hear anything. have been trying to call rob. am gettin the machine continuously.

ivshah, where are u planning to join?

sanju

hi ,

spoke to Rob. he said that things will get a luttle more clear after the 21st of jan. all the best to all those waitng. anyone else heard anything different..

sanju

hi guys,

today was the deadline for the acceptance and waitlist deposit. anyone called Rob today? any more news. It is really surprising that out of 16 accepted there is no one from dsn.

sanju

Guys,

All those on the selected and the alternate list, please put let us know your details. We can send it in the following format:

List: Selected/ Alternate
Joining: Yes/ No
Already informed UOP: Yes/ No

Thanks
-M

List: Alternate
Joining: No
Already informed UOP: Yes

Hi I forgot to put my stats in,
List - alternate
Interested in joining - yes
Already informed UOP - yes

Thanks
-M

maverick040 said:
Hi I forgot to put my stats in,
List - alternate
Interested in joining - yes
Already informed UOP - yes

Thanks
-M

CAN ANYBODY PLEASE TELL ME THE CUT OFF PERCENTILE OF ALL THESE SCHOOLS...UOP,USC,UCSF.
PLEASE.
THANKS.

all those who say they are not interested in joining pls also let us know if you have been accepted any where else.If not then what do you plan to do next.

All the best.

Guys,
Did anyone of you (or someone you know) from the Alternate List get into the Selected List? In other words, do we know if the alternate list moving at all?
Thanks
-M