UOP and DAT RC score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Keroro

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard, UOP don't accept any student who got lower than 21 on the Reading Comprehension..

Is this true?

Members don't see this ad.

NO. According to the school website, "the general minimum acceptable score is 17 on all scales, competitive scores this year were 20 and higher." so I assume that a score of 17 in RC is fine as long as you do well on other sections.

wlee009 said:
NO. According to the school website, "the general minimum acceptable score is 17 on all scales, competitive scores this year were 20 and higher." so I assume that a score of 17 in RC is fine as long as you do well on other sections.

RC is a barometer that they use to judge student's ability to catch up their fast moving classes.. Few years back ... couple of students failed each quarter...
mostly smart asian kids... but was not able to read fast enough :mad:

this was learned from in-person conversation ...

at least 21 on rc... I was hoping to get in... scored 23 on rc...but ain't applying

Members don't see this ad :)
I know someone who got an interview with an 18 RC, so there's that for you....maybe they were the son of an alum though. I don't think they use any one score by itself to knock a person off the interview list, but RC is important to them.

djeffreyt said:
I know someone who got an interview with an 18 RC, so there's that for you....maybe they were the son of an alum though. I don't think they use any one score by itself to knock a person off the interview list, but RC is important to them.

bio & rc is key that unlocks uop...
this is what I learned when I met with a director of adcom :cool:

sk101 said:
bio & rc is key that unlocks uop...
this is what I learned when I met with a director of adcom :cool:

Any idea how QR plays into admissions at UOP? That's my only score <20 :(

jrm said:
as long as it is at or above their minimum cut-off... u will get in...
they need students... their incoming avg. was 18 till 2002... 19 in 2003
20-21 in 2004 ...

how about their PAT?

Envision said:
how about their PAT?

she (is not same lady when you call) said something about it.... I do not remember... :p

....give them a call.... all they gonna say is you need to get stellar
scores in each subject....

jrm said:

QR is the least important. I know several people who got 16s and still got in. Of course, their other scores and GPA were high, so it made up for one low score.

When I talked to the admissions staff on the phone they said they 'unofficially' wanbted to see 20s on all sections, even though the minimum is 17

crazy_sherm said:
QR is the least important. I know several people who got 16s and still got in. Of course, their other scores and GPA were high, so it made up for one low score.

How are chances affected with a QR of 14? 19AA

peRsEVERENCE said:
How are chances affected with a QR of 14? 19AA
You may wasting your money and effort :mad: Why? It is very competitive
at UOP. They suck your money in even if your dat does not meet minimum requirement. 17 in all area...!!! I would not waste my money if I were you

Do not get depressed ... there are other school that would take you in... you just need to find one ;)

I was doing better on practice tests but really though, I think unfolding a piece of paper with holes in it, or staring at angles 1 degree off has nothing to do with dentistry. Hope it doesn't keep me out of a good dental school!

Put144 said:
What if I had gotten a 19 on PAT? I was the most pissed about that, I was doing better on practice tests but really though, I think unfolding a piece of paper with holes in it, or staring at angles 1 degree off has nothing to do with dentistry. Hope it doesn't keep me out of a good dental school!
You may not think so, but something like 60% of the dental schools in the nation have noted a significant correlation between pre-clinical laboratory performance and DAT score.

I have a 21/21/18 but a 14 in QR and UoP suggested I retake when I called them today.

Hey everyone...this may or may not help:

"I appreciate your rumor control. We are not cut and dry with our DAT scores. What we say is 20's in AA, PAT & RC are our average competitive scores."

This is from an email from the Associate Dean of Admissions at UOP when I emailed to ask about 21+ being the RC minimum.