UoP early application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yakuza

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So everyone says that for UoP, an early application is a must. Can someone explain this in further detail? Also, would I be considered neutral(not early not late) if I apply by mid july?

Members don't see this ad.

If I said yes, does that make you feel better? In reality, what does one of us know that you don't know, considering we are in the same shoes as you. None of us has any experience serving on the UoP dental school administration, so our assumption is as good as yours. I just feel that all you're really looking for is for someone to say yes, so here it is. Yes you are neutral.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had applied in mid-July, took my DAT in August, got called for an interview in Sept, interviewed early Nov, and accepted Dec. 1. I'm not sure if that answers what you're looking for, but I would advise applying ASAP. Waiting isn't going to help anything. UOP tries to interview as many as they can before Dec. 1 and fill the class early. After about mid-Jan, all the interviews are primarily for waitlist spots.

i don't mean to hijack this thread, but americanpierg your stats are crazy. i have a friend who has a 2.8 GPA, who is really smart but stupid in the sense he took ******edly hard classes, and plans to study an entire YEAR or so for the DAT for a haymaker (>25 maybe?) for dental school. i hope you get in, cuz then it would give him hope! hahahaha

If I said yes, does that make you feel better? In reality, what does one of us know that you don't know, considering we are in the same shoes as you. None of us has any experience serving on the UoP dental school administration, so our assumption is as good as yours. I just feel that all you're really looking for is for someone to say yes, so here it is. Yes you are neutral.

Ha, wow there was no need to be a d*ck about it. he just nicely asked your opinion. If you don't wanna give it then don't post. Anyways I would say you're probly a neutral applicant, not terribly late but others will have interviews set up before you. Good luck though!

I had applied in mid-July, took my DAT in August, got called for an interview in Sept, interviewed early Nov, and accepted Dec. 1. I'm not sure if that answers what you're looking for, but I would advise applying ASAP. Waiting isn't going to help anything. UOP tries to interview as many as they can before Dec. 1 and fill the class early. After about mid-Jan, all the interviews are primarily for waitlist spots.

Your post is actually a good example of what I was looking for. If you don't mind, what were your gpa and dat stats?

With 500 posts, you should know by now that this site's purpose is to get other dental and pre-dental students' opinions.