UOP/Highland OMFS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uclaguy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are the good and bad about this program?
What are the typical stats and schools of residents?

Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Good = Its Oakland
Bad = Its Oakland

What are the good and bad about this program?
What are the typical stats and schools of residents?

Thanks!!!

Better yet
Good = its in CA, Oakland has a pro football team, The OMFS program is accredited, Lots of trauma
Bad = Its in Oakland, Pro team is the Raiders, Tons of trauma

Members don't see this ad :)
Good-Dr. Indresano, very busy/well rounded program(if you have a chance, ask to see chief's log book), solid didactics, No ENT/Plastics, homecall, friendly resident's, resident's are unionized, great staff/assistants, dental school affiliation, location.

Bad-No ENT/Plastics, no affiliation with children's although they said they were working on it, cafeteria food (no other options), they like to take UOP students

I did an externship there and thought the residents were fantastic people, teachers, and surgeons. I got some great experience. Too bad they didn't offer me an interview. Then again, I do hate the bay area & hippies.

I did an externship there and thought the residents were fantastic people, teachers, and surgeons. I got some great experience. Too bad they didn't offer me an interview. Then again, I do hate the bay area & hippies.

Did you at least get that condescending letter about how they have a huge number of applicants, and that you are a good and qualified applicant but you didnt get the interview, but if someone drops, you may get called because you are on the reserve list. What a bunch of sh1t. Why even send the letter, its not like I am going to go on the interview even if they do call me. Yeah, hat would make sense...fly all the way across the country, interview somewhere you didnt even make the cut for, just happened to back into, and probably not be taken all that serious. If you couldnt tell, I am pissed I didnt get an interview b/c I love the bay area. I too cant stand hippies or Democrats for that matter, but the bay area is fun as hell.

Yeah I got that letter. I don't know why they sent it. It was a waste of postage. Eh, whatever...they gave me some good skills and knowledge. Being around the residents was the highlight of my externship there. Both me and my classmate did externships there and neither one of us got interviews. Now I'll accept the fact that I'm a total dweeb, but my classmate is just supersweet! :laugh:

Yeah I got that letter. I don't know why they sent it. It was a waste of postage. Eh, whatever...they gave me some good skills and knowledge. Being around the residents was the highlight of my externship there. Both me and my classmate did externships there and neither one of us got interviews. Now I'll accept the fact that I'm a total dweeb, but my classmate is just supersweet! :laugh:

I did an externship there and didnt get an interview either, just the dumb letter. It was a great experience, but being a student with a family, I felt like the program wasnt too family friendly, the only resident with kids was the chief and he only had one kid that was like 8 mo old. They get tons of experience but I dont quality of life would be too great. :thumbdown: