UOP Housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

topaz23rd

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has UOP sent anyone the housing packet with contract, info, etc in it? I know we can get the contract from the website but what are the chances of actually getting an apartment? Should I look for other private apartments around Stockton as well just in case I dont get into a UOP one? Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

you should be able to get housing. packets are sent in the summer i believe

hey topaz
i just got a single letter from the housing office about signing the contract by getting it off the web. there were no details about the actual apartments and facilities.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey thanks for info. I just received a packet from UOP with all the housing info yesterday. We have to send in the contract or do it online with a $150 deposit. Most pharmacy students live in brookside and manor but chances are higher in brookside for first years, I think. It is also mandatory to get a meal plan with the on-campus housing. And the housing halls are brand new and really nice :thumbup:

hey topaz,
i was under the impression that we pharmacy students do not need to purchase a meal plan because brookside is an apartment and not a dorm. Also, we have our own kitchens in brookside so i really hope they do not make us get a meal plan.

Dloi said:
hey topaz,
i was under the impression that we pharmacy students do not need to purchase a meal plan because brookside is an apartment and not a dorm. Also, we have our own kitchens in brookside so i really hope they do not make us get a meal plan.

my bad...yah you're right, we don't have to buy the meal plan. :) For some reason I was reading the dorms info and assumed that it applied for the apartments too. Thanks!

you don't need sign up for dorm food. the cafeteria for the dorms is on main campus, and teh walk is too far and not worth it. As for the manor dorm, I never heard of it. More than likely , you will be living in brookside. UOP is trying to set brookside for professional students. Currently, undergrads can live there right now.

Would getting my own studio apartment be a bad idea instead of living in dorms? I was checking out the private apartments in Stockton and the rent is pretty decent...