Uop Housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

strangemoon9

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I Was Wondering If It Is Worth It To Stay In Brookside Hall For Uop?

Members don't see this ad.

strangemoon9 said:
I Was Wondering If It Is Worth It To Stay In Brookside Hall For Uop?

dont kno if its really worth it. but from past students i talked to, a lot of kids stay there for at least 1 year.

ill be there...assuming i get off my lazy butt and fill out the form :thumbup:

I recently got accepted to UOP. How long do you think it would be before I get the housing paperwork mailed to me? Should I just apply for housing online? Do you know when is the deadline for the housing deposit? Thanks for the insight! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
i sent my housing application in back in march, like 2 weeks after it was made availible...i just got an email saying im on the waitlist. im not sure wut my position is, but thats just some information for u.

chusifer said:
i sent my housing application in back in march, like 2 weeks after it was made availible...i just got an email saying im on the waitlist. im not sure wut my position is, but thats just some information for u.

Wow, waitlist? I should probably fill out the form online then. Did you send a deposit for housing yet, or do you get to wait until you actually get in?

imprecious said:
Wow, waitlist? I should probably fill out the form online then. Did you send a deposit for housing yet, or do you get to wait until you actually get in?

Don't get campus housing....why would you waste your money? It comes out to something like 700 dollars a month for living on campus when you can get a decent place close to campus for less than 400 dollars. Granted the meal plans are included with the 700 but even with that, I don't think it is worth it. Just my opinion.

the took my housing deposit already. they said id get it back if i dont get a spot. i called them and apparantly i'm #18 on the waitlist. so i turned my deposit in over a month ago, and it turns out they give priority to the students who are already there (i.e. 2nd year students). so doesnt look like i'll be living on campus.

i primarily wanted to live there due to convenience...and easier ability to meet people. but oh well...apartment hunting i go. anyone need a roommate?

chusifer said:
the took my housing deposit already. they said id get it back if i dont get a spot. i called them and apparantly i'm #18 on the waitlist. so i turned my deposit in over a month ago, and it turns out they give priority to the students who are already there (i.e. 2nd year students). so doesnt look like i'll be living on campus.

i primarily wanted to live there due to convenience...and easier ability to meet people. but oh well...apartment hunting i go. anyone need a roommate?

I'm in the same situation as you, but I think it's still too early to be looking for an apartment because the 2nd year students may still have Brookside reserve just in case they don't pass their courses spring semester (but this is only a hunch :idea: correct me if I'm wrong though). I just really want a room in Brookside. I like the 1 minute walk to class. :D

hmm...yeah..the housing contract hasn't even been sent to me so i dont think i'll be able to get on campus housing. i'm gonna try tho...if not, does anybody know if we can get a meal plan if we life off campus??????...otherwise, i'm gonna be buying a ton of cup o noodles per week! =)

are they supposed to send us a confirmation email when we appl for housing online? (I didn't get any... :confused: )

yea they sent me a housing contract awhile ago along with a bunch of junk. they have online forms to fill out if u want to just do that tho www.pacific.edu/housing i think is the address.

i too would like to buy a meal plan even if i dont get housing. i would think we should be able to...i dont see why not.

marrymenatalie, i do feel u with that 1 minute walk to class. it doesnt get any better than that...now it'll be like a 20 minute drive :sleep:

Any updates on the housing situation at UOP?

not any here. i'm just goign to apply online and i've started looking at internet sites for roooms for rent...there are a lot of good deals! but yeah, i prefer oncampus housing =(

Has anyone moved up on the Brookside Housing waitlist?

last i called....something like 2-3 weeks ago, i moved up to 11th, from 18th. its not lookin good right now. does anyone need a roommate?