UOP IDS 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Odont1107

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone who is studying, applied or selected for interview at UOP please come forward and share your experience.

Members don't see this ad.

hi i have an IV at UOPA next month. you have any idea about their critical thinking test?

Even I got an IV at UOP, unfortunately I am in the same boat as yours. I did not find much information regarding the bench test except for information given in their email and from a previous post a year ago.

"Let me start with the cases.2014

Case Scenarios Examples
Case 1) Missing tooth lower right side. I think it was a missing no.30
Treatment plan
Case 2) A Fractured buccal groove Amalgam filling on tooth no.31
Treatment plan
Case 3) Abfraction on tooth no. 22.
Treatment plan
Case 4) simalar.
The cases will be different this year. However it important to have a systematized approach to treatment planning so you don't not over look anything

The bench exam
The mannequin had no cheeks. Did not close as well so no occlusion.
They had given a card each for both the cases as well as plaster models of the 2 preps to depict what they wanted the preps to look like so that was good.
On the card 5-6 specifications were written that they wanted us to fulfill.
2 questions to the instructor during 2014 exam. Duggan students will understand this a little better.

1) Angled shoulder for the full ceramic - the answer was no.
2) Axial wall of 1.5 mm the gingival clearance will be more than .5 mm - which is fine to give a more gingival clearance though it is important to achieve an axial height of 1.5 mm."

Members don't see this ad :)
Even I got an IV at UOP, unfortunately I am in the same boat as yours. I did not find much information regarding the bench test except for information given in their email and from a previous post a year ago.

"Let me start with the cases.2014

Case Scenarios Examples
Case 1) Missing tooth lower right side. I think it was a missing no.30
Treatment plan
Case 2) A Fractured buccal groove Amalgam filling on tooth no.31
Treatment plan
Case 3) Abfraction on tooth no. 22.
Treatment plan
Case 4) simalar.
The cases will be different this year. However it important to have a systematized approach to treatment planning so you don't not over look anything

The bench exam
The mannequin had no cheeks. Did not close as well so no occlusion.
They had given a card each for both the cases as well as plaster models of the 2 preps to depict what they wanted the preps to look like so that was good.
On the card 5-6 specifications were written that they wanted us to fulfill.
2 questions to the instructor during 2014 exam. Duggan students will understand this a little better.

1) Angled shoulder for the full ceramic - the answer was no.
2) Axial wall of 1.5 mm the gingival clearance will be more than .5 mm - which is fine to give a more gingival clearance though it is important to achieve an axial height of 1.5 mm."

hey thanks !! i did not get the part where its mentioned 2 questions to the instructors....duggan students will understand better ..i think it will be a good idea to ask some1 who s currently in the program. i guess people are not involved in SDN more..FB should be good
let me try to connect ...i am not sure though..

Does anybody have an ıdea about how many people dıd they call for the bench test?

What kind of burs they give? And what do they ask in interview.?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using SDN mobile

Hi all,
Any idea which date are all the cali schools planning to give out their accceptances?