UOP interview invitations 2015-2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nutellaandstars

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congratulations to all who got uop invites! Good luck

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
haha just saw that! Any female looking to share accomodation from the 14-17 Oct?
Congratulation! could you please share your states?
Toefl 101
Part 1
GPA 3.8
Dental hygienist since 2008
Volunteering/CE courses/Ongoing research

Does anyone have info on what they ask during the non practical interview part? Also any info on how many ppl are invited and how many accepted?

I got an invite too, anyone with any information about the 4day iv ?

Does anyone have info on what they ask during the non practical interview part? Also any info on how many ppl are invited and how many accepted?
usual questions- stuff about your resume and whats on your CAAPID. your personal interests etc

any case scenarios or critical thinking assessment on the spot during the interview?

I just got an invite! Does anyone know what they ask for on the bench exam?
2012 they asked for PFM on #11 and Class II amalgam on #19. for the last 2 years PFM on #11 and Class II amalgam on #15. congratulations and good luck

Let me start with the cases.2014

Case Scenarios Examples
Case 1) Missing tooth lower right side. I think it was a missing no.30
Treatment plan
Case 2) A Fractured buccal groove Amalgam filling on tooth no.31
Treatment plan
Case 3) Abfraction on tooth no. 22.
Treatment plan
Case 4) simalar.
The cases will be different this year. However it important to have a systematized approach to treatment planning so you don't not over look anything

The bench exam
The mannequin had no cheeks. Did not close as well so no occlusion.
They had given a card each for both the cases as well as plaster models of the 2 preps to depict what they wanted the preps to look like so that was good.
On the card 5-6 specifications were written that they wanted us to fulfill.
2 questions to the instructor during 2014 exam. Duggan students will understand this a little better.

1) Angled shoulder for the full ceramic - the answer was no.
2) Axial wall of 1.5 mm the gingival clearance will be more than .5 mm - which is fine to give a more gingival clearance though it is important to achieve an axial height of 1.5 mm.

Reactions: 1 user
Let me start with the cases.2014

Case Scenarios Examples
Case 1) Missing tooth lower right side. I think it was a missing no.30
Treatment plan
Case 2) A Fractured buccal groove Amalgam filling on tooth no.31
Treatment plan
Case 3) Abfraction on tooth no. 22.
Treatment plan
Case 4) simalar.
The cases will be different this year. However it important to have a systematized approach to treatment planning so you don't not over look anything

The bench exam
The mannequin had no cheeks. Did not close as well so no occlusion.
They had given a card each for both the cases as well as plaster models of the 2 preps to depict what they wanted the preps to look like so that was good.
On the card 5-6 specifications were written that they wanted us to fulfill.
2 questions to the instructor during 2014 exam. Duggan students will understand this a little better.

1) Angled shoulder for the full ceramic - the answer was no.
2) Axial wall of 1.5 mm the gingival clearance will be more than .5 mm - which is fine to give a more gingival clearance though it is important to achieve an axial height of 1.5 mm.
Hi Meggers287, Can you please let me know how are we suppose to present answers for the treatment planning questions? Are we suppose to write it down?

Any female invited to both UCSF and UPacific and want to share accomodation? Please message me

2012 they asked for PFM on #11 and Class II amalgam on #19. for the last 2 years PFM on #11 and Class II amalgam on #15. congratulations and good luck
Last year it was pfm on #8 or 9 and class 2 amalgam MO on #30

Hi Meggers287, Can you please let me know how are we suppose to present answers for the treatment planning questions? Are we suppose to write it down?
Yes you need to write answer on paper and it's simple.

any male ready to share accommodation ??? inbox me ............

Has anyone obtained a manual for the dimensions that UOP requires for the practical component?