UOP interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SoCalDentist

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard different things about ones chances for getting in to UOP. I've heard that getting the interview is the hardest part? Any body else have any info?

Also what other schools go strait to interviews without secondaries?

Members don't see this ad.

I know they interview about 300 applicants and only accept 138

Jonny said:
I know they interview about 300 applicants and only accept 138

well, their class size is 138, but i'm sure they give out acceptances to more than 138 students, right? b/c people can opt to go to other schools, turn down acceptances, etc...

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm interviewing at UOP on Thursday! Anyone have any feedback on how the interview process was? This is my first interview, so I'm a little bit nervous...

Oh, and in the information packet that they sent to me they said that the new nickname for the school is 'Pacific' instead of UOP. Not sure why they're changing it, but I'm going to try extra hard to call it Pacific while I'm there!

From what a couple of friends have told me when they interviewed at UOP, the interview was extremely laid back, and it was more or less understood that they were going to be extended an invitation to attend. This would make sense in light of getting an interview being the hardest part.

It's also been said time and again that UOP loves high DAT scores . . . although I may be the first to disprove that theory. :oops:

Jess_SB said:
Oh, and in the information packet that they sent to me they said that the new nickname for the school is 'Pacific' instead of UOP. Not sure why they're changing it, but I'm going to try extra hard to call it Pacific while I'm there!
Jess, I remember reading somewhere on SDN that it was to distinguish itself from University of Phoenix, but who knows? :)

Jess_SB said:
I'm interviewing at UOP on Thursday! Anyone have any feedback on how the interview process was? This is my first interview, so I'm a little bit nervous...

Jess - I was wondering, before your interview invite, did you receive a letter stating that they would contact you inthe future if they wanted to offer you an interview? Or, did your first response from pen invite you right away. I am asking because I got a letter stating theywould contact me int he future if I get in interview.

Jess_SB said:
I'm interviewing at UOP on Thursday! QUOTE]

Good luck on your interview. I actually have an interview there, the following thursday. Are you nervous? confident? It is my first interview as well. I hope everything goes well.

favabean -

My first response from UOP was a call for an interview, I was out of town at the time, so it was a nice message to come home to. Before that I think I had only received confirmation that they received all of my info.

Socaldentist -

Of course I'm nervous! Although, after reading on SDN that the hardest part is getting the interview and that they accept >50% of those they interview, my confidence is definitely rising. I finally perfected my outfit today and bought a black leather folder for notes - so I think I'm ready. I have to get through a midterm on tuesday first. :(

I will most likely post my experience in the feedback section in about a week.
Good luck with your interview next week, I'm sure we'll both get in! :D

Jess

Notebook.. I hadn't thought of that. I guess that would definately be a good idea though.

Jess_SB said:
favabean -

My first response from UOP was a call for an interview, I was out of town at the time, so it was a nice message to come home to. Before that I think I had only received confirmation that they received all of my info.

Socaldentist -

Of course I'm nervous! Although, after reading on SDN that the hardest part is getting the interview and that they accept >50% of those they interview, my confidence is definitely rising. I finally perfected my outfit today and bought a black leather folder for notes - so I think I'm ready. I have to get through a midterm on tuesday first. :(

I will most likely post my experience in the feedback section in about a week.
Good luck with your interview next week, I'm sure we'll both get in! :D

Jess

Jess did you attend UOP's pre-dental clinic last april?

Jonny,

No I didn't. Do I look familiar? People always think that I look like someone they know, I must have a long lost twin or something....

Jess

Typo said:
Jess, I remember reading somewhere on SDN that it was to distinguish itself from University of Phoenix, but who knows? :)

Typo,
For what it's worth, University of the Pacific owns the acronym "UOP", but I will say this: A lot of people refer to the University of Phoenix as UOP, especially as it grows in size and prominence.

Don't worry about the interview. When you arrive at 8:30 they have you fill out a couple of sheets that update what classes you have taken and your grades and they also ask you what classes you are taking now and what you plan to take next semester. They also ask if you plan on getting a degree.

They give you a folder with a bunch of information so don't worry about taking one. I did and it turned out to be a hassel. If you have any other questions PM me.