1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

UOP No decision?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Kremlar, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Kremlar

Kremlar Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Hey all, I checked my UOP status today, it has been under review for MONTHS now, well, I checked today and it changed to "Reviewed, No Decision" "Re-review in mid-January" What is that all about? Does that mean they are actually considering me? I mean, it wasn't a flat out rejection... Any comments? Thanks........

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. miravyn

miravyn Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Dentist
    My application was complete on 9/20 and my status has been "file in review" since there.

3. OP
    OP
    Kremlar

Kremlar Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

Just to keep you updated, mine was received by them on 9/21 and was under review since then... they just changed it today to the "no decision" status, so I would assume that an update for yours can't be too far behind. Hang in there..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. miravyn

miravyn Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Ehh...it doesn't really matter anyway. I doubt I would even go there if I had gotten in. I called them awhile back to check my status. They said that I was a competitive applicants but they have even more competitive applicants than me. Something like that. I was a little offended.

5. If you guys have good dat scores and well rounded background, i will stay tuned with them. If not I wouldn't rely on a positive answer from them as i yet so see someone get accepted with stellar grades and low dat scores although the opposite i've seen plenty of ;)

6. OP
    OP
    Kremlar

Kremlar Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

Well unfortunatley I dont fall into the opposite category.. Which is why im wondering why they even put my application in for re-review, not that im complaining - honestly, that was the FIRST school I was expecting to get rejected from, and it's the farthest i've gotten yet... Not getting flat out rejected that is..

7. OP
    OP
    Kremlar

Kremlar Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Anyone? Feedback??

8. Mr.E

Mr.E Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Just to add my two cents in the conversation. I too received the "Reviewed, No Decision--Re-review in mid-January." The interesting thing is that I have low stats and average DAT scores but way below the average for UOP. So, my question is: has anybody been rejected from this school? Because I would think that they would have rejected my a## after reviewing my application; but instead they updated my app file with the above comment. Go figure! I am surely grateful, but still doubt that I will get so much as an interview.

9. Hot pickle baby

Hot pickle baby Membership Revoked
    Removed

That school is way overrated anyhow. If they dont want you consider it a blessing.

10. OP
    OP
    Kremlar

Kremlar Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I totally agree Mr.E, this was the FIRST school I was expecting to get rejected from and so far the only one i've heard anything other than a rejection from. I was shocked myself. Im not getting my hopes up too high, but hey, it's still better than being rejected.

11. EyeAmCommi

EyeAmCommi Los Angeles Smog
    7+ Year Member

I got the same crap! I must have two threads about this somewhere.

12. OP
    OP
    Kremlar

Kremlar Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Do you have a Link?? Was there any changes since then to your status?

13. OP
    OP
    Kremlar

Kremlar Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    They actually updated my AADSAS too, weird... Oh well.. like I said, I wont keep my hopes up, but its nice to have something to look forward too....lol.. HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE

14. starbright

starbright Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

didn't they already fill their class anyway...

15. OP
    OP
    Kremlar

Kremlar Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    well im assuming they are banking on not everyone who got accepted will take their offer... I dont know, but its better than rejection I guess..