UOP Open House

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cinnamoroll12

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who is planning to come to the Open House on September 13?

Members don't see this ad.

just to answer some questions beforehand:

no you don't have to go

no it won't make or break your application, it can help you slightly the very most if you get a chance to talk to counselors, but note that they will most likely not remember you just by saying hello my name is _____ when looking through thousand of applicants.

this is for your benefit if you want to get to know more about the school, financial aid advise, etc.

i went last september. it was a fun event. i got to see how nice the campus is and meet the students there when they took us on tour. we got to ask a panel of students questions in a big forum. the dean seems really nice.

i say if you are from OC save the trip because whatever you need to know abotu the school you can find on their website.

but its summer so hey take a trip up north and check out the campus! just don't forget to lock yoru car doors because stockton is really ghetto.

I think UCSF has its open house around the same time becaues I went to both last year. also visit touro too! =)

Members don't see this ad :)
i went last september. it was a fun event. i got to see how nice the campus is and meet the students there when they took us on tour. we got to ask a panel of students questions in a big forum. the dean seems really nice.

i say if you are from OC save the trip because whatever you need to know abotu the school you can find on their website.

but its summer so hey take a trip up north and check out the campus! just don't forget to lock yoru car doors because stockton is really ghetto.

I think UCSF has its open house around the same time becaues I went to both last year. also visit touro too! =)

Did you go to the UCSF Supplemental Workshop around September 21 of last year too? How far of a drive is it from UOP to Touro? I'm thinking of visiting there, but I'll have to see. My parents and my brother want to come along too. I'm planning on leaving on Friday afternoon and come back on Sunday morning. I haven't gone anywhere all summer, so I thought I can make this as my mini-vacation. :cool:

Did you go to the UCSF Supplemental Workshop around September 21 of last year too? How far of a drive is it from UOP to Touro? I'm thinking of visiting there, but I'll have to see. My parents and my brother want to come along too. I'm planning on leaving on Friday afternoon and come back on Sunday morning. I haven't gone anywhere all summer, so I thought I can make this as my mini-vacation. :cool:

i don't rememebr the exact dates but they were about 2 weeks within each other. It is about 2 hours from UOP to Touro and 2.5 from UOP to UCSF.

they are probably about 40-45 mins apart. touro is in vallejo area, six flags~ while ucsf is past bay bridge.

so my parents want to tag along to UOP's Open House lol...

Touro doesn't have an event such as this one right? I was unable to find any info. on Touro's website other than campus tours.

so my parents want to tag along to UOP's Open House lol...

Touro doesn't have an event such as this one right? I was unable to find any info. on Touro's website other than campus tours.

I don't think so, but I kind of want to check out the campus and Vallejo. UCSF has the Supplemental Workshops and Info Sessions this year too I think. I went to one last year and thought it was somewhat helpful. I guess I might see you at the Open House then. :)

If you need to sell anything, at least there's a pawn shop right next to campus! :laugh:

UOP has a new, high tech building for their students... and it's really nice. Their Dean is also very approachable and down-to-earth. If you're nearby, I'd highly recommend planning a visit.

they are probably about 40-45 mins apart. touro is in vallejo area, six flags~ while ucsf is past bay bridge.

no way are they 45 mins apart! are you kidding? i drive roughly 75 mph and just driving from sacramento to UOP is already at least half an hour.

nvm you mean from touro to ucsf...HAHA..i obviously did not read what you said. =D

Last edited:
I don't think so, but I kind of want to check out the campus and Vallejo. UCSF has the Supplemental Workshops and Info Sessions this year too I think. I went to one last year and thought it was somewhat helpful. I guess I might see you at the Open House then. :)

Yup, I'll be there, just don't know if I will be bringing any guest along. I remember walking past the housing complex (in April 06) that pharm students get to live in and they're really nice. Alright, another SoCal person :) lol Haha, actually im not from SoCal (just going to college down here) but I'm considering dropping by Touro during my mini break in between summer session and Fall. I was at USC's info. session last year and it was somewhat helpful. I wonder if any pre pharm undergrads at UOP (who are not in the pre-pharm advantage program) are attending....

Last edited:
Yup, I'll be there, just don't know if I will be bringing any guest along. I remember walking past the housing complex (in April 06) that pharm students get to live in and they're really nice. Alright, another SoCal person :) lol Haha, actually im not from SoCal (just going to college down here) but I'm considering dropping by Touro during my mini break in between summer session and Fall. I was at USC's info. session last year and it was somewhat helpful. I wonder if any pre pharm undergrads at UOP (who are not in the pre-pharm advantage program) are attending....

Which college are you attending right now? Yea, I went to one of USC's info sessions and thought it was helpful. I'm planning to attend Western's info session this summer too. I forgot the date for that one, but I hope it doesn't fall on the same day for UOP.

Which college are you attending right now? Yea, I went to one of USC's info sessions and thought it was helpful. I'm planning to attend Western's info session this summer too. I forgot the date for that one, but I hope it doesn't fall on the same day for UOP.

UCLA. You? UC Irvine is in the OC... but then again what you listed there might be your hometown instead of college. I'm not sure if you have to pay for the pharmacy info session at Western... I think Optometry does. I remember looking into it and two programs at Western require a fee for their info. session.

UCLA. You? UC Irvine is in the OC... but then again what you listed there might be your hometown instead of college. I'm not sure if you have to pay for the pharmacy info session at Western... I think Optometry does. I remember looking into it and two programs at Western require a fee for their info. session.

Actually, I go to UCSD. It was a nice guess though. I was planning on attending UCI, but changed my mind in the very last minute. Yea, we have to pay $7 for the info session for pharmacy. The only schools I haven't visited are: Touro, UOP, and Western.

Actually, I go to UCSD. It was a nice guess though. I was planning on attending UCI, but changed my mind in the very last minute. Yea, we have to pay $7 for the info session for pharmacy. The only schools I haven't visited are: Touro, UOP, and Western.

nice~ i just graduated from ucsd june. what major are you?

anyways, it would be a great idea if us sdn-ers could meet in a group eh? =]

nice~ i just graduated from ucsd june. what major are you?

anyways, it would be a great idea if us sdn-ers could meet in a group eh? =]

Haha yea, I think that's a great idea. :idea: Well, I did graduate (or walk at the ceremony) last month but I technically still have a quarter left to go. My major is Biochem and Cell Bio just like any typical UCSD student. I'm planning on taking this fall quarter off and coming back in the winter quarter to finish up my 2 classes. In the meanwhile, I'm going to take classes like Anatomy and Physiology at a CC and work on my apps. What was your major and which college were you from? I'm a Revelle by the way. Were you part of PPS?

LOL...i was revelle Ahahaha....i walked with you rofl...i was a human bio major. i was never in pps...were you in that gigantic group of volleyball players in intramural lol?! where are you taking your cc classes?

LOL...i was revelle Ahahaha....i walked with you rofl...i was a human bio major. i was never in pps...were you in that gigantic group of volleyball players in intramural lol?! where are you taking your cc classes?

Haha, I only went to the meetings and never made time for intramural or any other activities. Well, I'm going to take classes back in the OC at Cypress and Golden West. School starts in 3 weeks...boy, this is the shortest summer I've ever had!! What are your plans after graduation?

gonna take 3 more pre-req classes in 3 weeks too~ at my jc. taking ptcb exam next month and volunteer research at uc davis ^^

Did anyone else get the UOP open house letter invite?! Who's going!?

I guess I'll see you guys in 2 weeks! Just finished booking a hotel nearby. I'm planning on renting a car to drive there and spending the night before in Stockton. :cool: