UOP P1 classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

imprecious

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just curious as to what the schedule will be like. What time do your classes start and what time does it usually end? Do you have classes five days a week? Thanks for the information!

Members don't see this ad.

Are there no pharmacy students at UOP on SDN? :) Any input would be much appreciated! :) I just want to know if I'll have to stay at school until 9 PM or something.

imprecious said:
Are there no pharmacy students at UOP on SDN? :) Any input would be much appreciated! :) I just want to know if I'll have to stay at school until 9 PM or something.

my friend says they don't have class past 1

Members don't see this ad :)
P1 consists of 4 classes for a total of 17 units. (Sorry, I don't know the exact times when they begin and end :oops: )

I have a friend who is a 1st year at Pacific. They actually want to be known as Pacific, not UOP. My friend told me that for both 1st and 2nd year students, classes start at 9 and ends at 12:00pm with labs once or twice a week. There is a lot of time to study and do extracurricular activities, however, from searching the archive, I found out that instead of the usual 3 years at Pacific, you maybe be there for 4 years. Just last year they failed over 20 people!!!

pharm23pharm said:
I have a friend who is a 1st year at Pacific. They actually want to be known as Pacific, not UOP. My friend told me that for both 1st and 2nd year students, classes start at 9 and ends at 12:00pm with labs once or twice a week. There is a lot of time to study and do extracurricular activities, however, from searching the archive, I found out that instead of the usual 3 years at Pacific, you maybe be there for 4 years. Just last year they failed over 20 people!!!

yah, the guy doing the tour in the interview sort of implied that it's not really 3 years...it's a little over three...that's sort of what he said. but i started wondering, would they charge you the same amount for the 4th year?? also, if you're around top 20%, you have the chance to do the 3rd year in selected sites!! sooo...konwing that they fail a lot of people and i odnt want to be in stockton, I'M GOING TO BE STUDYING ALLLLL THE TIME!!

imprecious said:
I'm just curious as to what the schedule will be like. What time do your classes start and what time does it usually end? Do you have classes five days a week? Thanks for the information!

I just started my third semester at UOP. For the most part, classes start at 9am and end at 12pm (Monday-Friday). A few days you have class till 1. Labs are around 2-3 times a week. Each semester you take around 17 units of classes. Your grade in each class is based on your grade on midterm, final, and your lab grade. Hope this helps.

Hope to see you around next year.

DONE WITH UOP!!! Graduated last week. NO MORE SCHOOL SUCKAS.

So let me get this straight. You go in at 9am and you won’t get out any latter then 1pm.

how do you guys feel about the quality of your education? I've been hearing really mixed reviews

yeah delite...so have i. I'm looking at the bright side: It doesn't matter where you go to school as long as the school is accredited. I'm sure I'll still find a good job after I get the PharmD. As for staying an extra year due to failing classes, I hope it doesn't happen to me...but if it does, I'll end up getting my PharmD in four years (which is how long it usually takes anyway).