UOP pharmacy c/o 2014

Started by yingfu
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

yingfu

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
Anyone know how hard it is to get into the UOP PharmD program in Fall 2010? I'm going to apply but just worry 'cause I don't have a bachelor's degree 🙁
Anyone got in without a bachelor's degree before? Can you help me, plzzzz!
 
I live up in WA, so I cannot attend the workshop. Do you know if the schools you listed require BA/BS?
Also, have u ever taken the PCAT? How hard u think it is?
Many thanks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You basically need a BS/BA to get into any CA school. CA school are really tough this will be my second time around. UOP in particular I had a classmate who had a 4.0 BS degree and no experience was denied two years ago, but got in this cycle. Another friend got pulled off the waitlist this year who I thought was a shoe in. Not to discourage but apply and if you don't make it apply again, it happens to alot of people including myself lol!!
 
I live up in WA, so I cannot attend the workshop. Do you know if the schools you listed require BA/BS?
Also, have u ever taken the PCAT? How hard u think it is?
Many thanks.

UOP does not require a degree but they do recommend one. I don't check the schools on my list to see if they need a BA/BS because I already have one.

I took the PCAT last October and failed it! I did miserable and will take it again this August. I know the material for math, biology, and chemistry. It's just a matter of recalling them. However, I do need to improve on my reading and vocabs. PCAT is managable if you study for it like how you study for your science tests.