UOP PharmD/PhD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Prepharm08

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm interested in UOP's joint PharmD/PhD program.. I was wondering if you would need an exceptionally high GPA to get into their program? Did anyone apply to this joint program during the last cycle?
 
I am in the 2+3 program at UOP. I finished the undergrad portion and starting pharmacy school in August.

My HS gpa was 3.88. SAT's 2050, extracurricular activities included: band, community service, and that's about it. I took like 8 AP's I think.

Getting into the program is not hard. Staying in the program is.
 
I think the OP meant applying with a B.S. or B.A.
Don't think an 18 year old would know if he or she would want to pursue the Ph.D. route without having conducted serious research (because it's not for everyone).


I remember reading (2 years ago) that only 2-5 applicants are admitted each year into the joint degree program...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As I know, they asked you specificlly on the suplemental application if you wanna apply joint PharmD/ PhD or MBA/PharmD. Just take your pick

and my friend applied only to PharmD program
When she got accepted, they asked her if she likes to paticipate in the PharmD/PhD program? she denied
But I don't if it still works this way

Just apply the joint PharmD/ PhD program then, for safe

Hopfully, this helps~~

Good luck:luck:
 
forgot, for GPA

I know someone has really high GPA about 3.7 from UCB applied the PharmD/ PhD joint program, she got an interveiw but she didn't get in
the one applied to only PharmD got in with ~3.2 (but she had a good LOR from a UOP graduated pharmacist)

Just apply, nothing to lose
:luck::luck::luck:
 
i have worked in the biotech industry for over 7 years now and all of the professors that i have worked with/worked under, have stressed that PharmD/PhD is overkill. if you're expecting to work for industry I suggest you just get a PhD, that would be PLENTY! if you want to work on the clinical side just get a PharmD, getting both will not really allow you many more opportunities, do your research about this dual degree!