UOP.. thinking about applying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalmon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have already applied to 10 schools. however, i wanted to add one more (UOP).. i was wondering how much more money does it cost to add one more school on aaasdas.. also how much is the secondary for UOP. and finally.. is there gonna b a lot of paper work to fill for secondary?. the last thing i want is to fill more paper, answer more questions and write more essays about myself.. can n.e one tell me?... also.. is it too late to apply for UOP now?.. i know its already end of July .. so.. any info would be nice.. thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

UoP is a great school!! I say go for it!! I visited the campus last summer and talked with Kathleen Candito. That is my top choice for when I apply next year. Also, I called the admssions office last week and one of the advisors told me that they were going to start reviewing apps for c/o 2014 friday which was the 17th. So you have time to apply. I dont know about the secondary app. Check the website.

Good luck!

i have already applied to 10 schools. however, i wanted to add one more (UOP).. i was wondering how much more money does it cost to add one more school on aaasdas.. also how much is the secondary for UOP. and finally.. is there gonna b a lot of paper work to fill for secondary?. the last thing i want is to fill more paper, answer more questions and write more essays about myself.. can n.e one tell me?... also.. is it too late to apply for UOP now?.. i know its already end of July .. so.. any info would be nice.. thanks guys!

You'll have to check with AADSAS for the per school fee.

UoPs application fee was $75 last year. Check their website.

There is no secondary application! :)

It's not too late if you apply now.

Check out their website and make sure your DAT scores are on par with what they consider competitive (>20s across the board).

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Q: Are my Dental Admission Test (DAT) scores competitive?
A: Our incoming class averages are:
  • Academic average: 21
  • Perceptual ability: 20
  • Reading comprehension: 21
  • Quantitative reasoning: 19
  • Biology: 20
  • General chemistry: 21
  • Organic chemistry: 21
  • Total science: 21
Although our general minimum acceptable score is 17 on all scales, competitive scores this year were 20 and higher. If your scores are significantly lower than our class averages, you should retake the Dental Admissions Test (DAT) before September.

i just found that on their website..

but my scores were

bio 22,

chem 23,

orgo 22,

(QR 17)

RC 21,

PAT 20,

AA 22
TS 23

do you guys think the QR is gonna mess me up?.. plus my gpa is only like 3.28 science.. 3.3 total.. it seems like they care so much on the DAT .. kinda scary

Although our general minimum acceptable score is 17 on all scales, competitive scores this year were 20 and higher. If your scores are significantly lower than our class averages, you should retake the Dental Admissions Test (DAT) before September.

but my scores were

bio 22,

chem 23,

orgo 22,

(QR 17)

RC 21,

PAT 20,

AA 22
TS 23

do you guys think the QR is gonna mess me up?.. plus my gpa is only like 3.28 science.. 3.3 total.. it seems like they care so much on the DAT .. kinda scary

I think you will be ok. Did you check predents? That website is very helpful for knowing who they accept. Check out 2009 incoming class stats. Are you from California?

but my scores were

bio 22,

chem 23,

orgo 22,

(QR 17)

RC 21,

PAT 20,

AA 22
TS 23

Your scores don't add up. One section is wrong.
I think you will be fine nonetheless. :cool:

but my scores were

bio 22,

chem 23,

orgo 22,

(QR 17)

RC 21,

PAT 20,

AA 22
TS 23

Your scores are competitive. I wouldn't worry too much about your QR score. Your GPA is okay. If your overall application is strong (a good amount of shadowing, volunteering, leadership, and life experience) you should be competitive. Make sure your experiences comes through in your PS. UoP likes well rounded applicants.

I got a 17 in QR too :(. And my RC is only a 19 compared to their 21 on their website. I wonder how they figure in GPA into their decisions.

I got a 17 in QR too :(. And my RC is only a 19 compared to their 21 on their website. I wonder how they figure in GPA into their decisions.

your gpa's are really good.. so maybe that balance it out.. are you applying there or you already did?

yea I applied to all the cali schools bc I'm from cali.