UOP Update?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chusifer

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, im newly registered but ive been lurking around the forums for a while...

Has anyone heard anything from UOP since they had their interview session? all this talk about USC acceptance packages is getting me all riled up. ive been waiting on UOP for a few weeks now and i havent heard anything. sucks too cause im going home today and for some reason UOP sends all their stuff to my current address instead of my preffered, permanent address. my interview session was on 11/10 or something like that, and i know there was one before that, so are they just taking their sweet time?

Members don't see this ad.

I feel the same way. I also interviewed on 11/10 and have heard nothing. All this USC talk has been getting me excited and nervous. I hate waiting.

I got curious and decided to call today. They said that they just mailed the letters last friday(12/9).

Members don't see this ad :)
nothing in the mail for me today (tues). did anyone get anything yet?

chusifer said:
nothing in the mail for me today (tues). did anyone get anything yet?

Didnt get anything today also

Don't worry... the people from the October interview haven't heard back from UOP either. 2 months and counting... :rolleyes:

haha - even though i didn't apply to uop, as a usc hopeful, i feel ur pain :)
although i'm sure this stress is slowly breaking down my health... eek

kyt0871 said:
although i'm sure this stress is slowly breaking down my health... eek
It's funny you mentioned that. I can attribute my getting sick last month to all the stress I had been going through. All these interviews, and waiting, and doubting... I bet my cortisol levels were through the roof! :thumbdown: Thank god at least one school wants me. Now I can relax and enjoy the upcoming holidays.

TheChemist said:
Did you interview in october or november?

I interviewed on October 21. People told me they were pretty slow last year and so far what they said has been true.

TheChemist said:
Did you interview in october or november?

I interviewed on October 21. People told me they were pretty slow last year and so far what they said has been true, but we should get it before Christmas.

Just got my acceptance letter today! everyone should be hearing something from them soon!

ICA said:
It's funny you mentioned that. I can attribute my getting sick last month to all the stress I had been going through. All these interviews, and waiting, and doubting... I bet my cortisol levels were through the roof! :thumbdown: Thank god at least one school wants me. Now I can relax and enjoy the upcoming holidays.

Yes, I was sick also a couple of weeks ago with pneumonia. I never had it before and hope I never get it again. :thumbdown: It was horrible and I also believe stress was a huge factor!

Members don't see this ad :)
hondawow said:
Just got my acceptance letter today! everyone should be hearing something from them soon!
Congrats hondawow!

Hey, we interviewed on the same day ...hmmm, I wonder if I talked to you.

congrats! did it come in a large envelope? i didnt get anything today...but im in san diego...so maybe tomorrow

I talked to UOP yesterday and they're making decisions on the people who interviewed on 11/10 (like myself) this week. So if you interviewed on 11/10 don't expect anything untill at least another week.

TheChemist said:
I talked to UOP yesterday and they're making decisions on the people who interviewed on 11/10 (like myself) this week. So if you interviewed on 11/10 don't expect anything untill at least another week.
I was going to call them tomorrow if I didn't recieve anything today but I'm glad I came on here and read your post. I also interviewed on the 10th. Good luck to you and hopefully we'll both get in.

Please don't call the school. The last thing they need is to have 1000 anxious pharmacy school applicants calling to find out if their application was received and when they'll be hearing about their acceptance status. One thing you gotta learn in life is to be PATIENT! Most likely, you will not hear back from Univ. of the Pacific until after the winter break.

Enjoy you break and relax!

anyone from the nov interview hear anything yet?

was wondering if anyone could fill me in on this....how many interview dates does UOP have and how many applicants are interviewed per day?

I remember UOP sent out a LARGE orange and white envelope as an acceptance, so if that is still true, you all should keep an eye out for that!
I interviewed as late as Feb. and was still accepted. I have also heard of people @ the interview itself speaking with the interviewers and coordinators at length, and basically getting a verbal acceptance from them that way. Not sure if that is an approach to take (slightly pushy) but just wanted to share. This is 2nd hand information (A pharmacist friend was speaking about a fellow colleague) so i'm not 100% sure how it all panned out, but at the UOP interview, there is a 'break room' set up where the interviewees can hang out and chit chat with some administrators over cookies and lemonade. :)

(As an aside, I rec'd my UCSF acceptance on March 1st and UOP was much much later. UCSD fell somewhere in between.)

chusifer said:
anyone from the nov interview hear anything yet?

They should be here any day. I think the Holiday season is slowing the mail down.

I just received a call today from the UOP Office of Admissions. They were wondering why I had not replied to their letter of acceptance dated December 2nd.

What letter of acceptance? :confused: I never received one.

Anyway, the lady I spoke with implied that there were problems with "lost letters", so if any of y'all from the October interview haven't heard anything yet, maybe now is the time to inquire.

I have been getting three letters of week by them. It's getting quite annoying.

just got a financial aid reminder letter from uop today...kinda scary because it came in a small envelope. anyone from the nov. interview got one of these and when?

i thought they had sent these a while back & was wondering why i hadn't received mine.

thanks.

im was at the nov interview and havent gotten anything about financial aid...i havent heard anything from them since the interview actually...

PILLMAN, i assume u were in the nov interview, did u get an acceptance already?

i was in the nov. interview. no, i haven't gotten the acceptance. the only thing i've gotten is this financial aid letter today dated a couple days ago. like i said, it freaked me out...it was a small envelope.

PILLMAN said:
just got a financial aid reminder letter from uop today...kinda scary because it came in a small envelope. anyone from the nov. interview got one of these and when?

i thought they had sent these a while back & was wondering why i hadn't received mine.

thanks.

Was the letter a general financial aid reminder or specifically for pharmacy school? I received a similar letter and I didn't even apply to UOP's pharmacy school. They have my address because I requested information about their pharmacy school years ago! I receive more mail from UOP than any other school!

The big orange envelope came in today. Woo Hoo. I'm in at UOP. Check your mail today everyone.

well...nothing for me. although my roommate tells me i got the financial aid thing at school, even tho i told them to change my address :confused:

TheChemist, where are u located?

chusifer said:
well...nothing for me. although my roommate tells me i got the financial aid thing at school, even tho i told them to change my address :confused:

TheChemist, where are u located?

San Diego

TheChemist said:
The big orange envelope came in today. Woo Hoo. I'm in at UOP. Check your mail today everyone.
I got my orange envelope today, too. It was postmarked December 6th and the response deadline, 2 weeks after that. :confused: Maybe they forgot to mail it out with the first batch of October interviewees. Anyway, the lady I talked to yesterday told me that they will be sending me a new letter. Woohoo!

Congrats TheChemist!

i ended up calling to see if they school actually fixed my address...somehow they ended up telling me that i was offered admission! wooo! but like ICA said, there's been a lot of lost letters, so if ur still waiting, give them a call. the woman i spoke to said the 2 weeks deadline won't apply this time around since so many people aren't hearing anything.

Smilescali said:
Was the letter a general financial aid reminder or specifically for pharmacy school? I received a similar letter and I didn't even apply to UOP's pharmacy school. They have my address because I requested information about their pharmacy school years ago! I receive more mail from UOP than any other school!

sorry for the late reply, Smilescali. i was in the mountains & didn't have internet access since last post.

i guess that financial aid letter is just a general reminder, but it was just the timing...it seems like it was sent after they had made a decision to accept me. YES, I AM IN!!!! i found the orange envelope waiting for me when i came home today.

congrats to everyone already accepted!!! and the best of luck to everyone still waiting.

I got my big envelope yesterday!!!

Merry Christmas and good luck to everyone!!! :)