UOP vs Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Predent1771

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on UOP vs Tufts everyone?? I liked both a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

UoP, get it done faster. It may be harder to do, but in the end it's worth it. Cali's is a pretty too cool place to be as well.

Agreed UOP, faster plus it's SF who wouldn't want to be there

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your input guys! I think I know that UOP is the better choice; just trying to rationalize it. I am from the Bay Area so I almost felt like getting away. But i dont actually think I could handle snow.

But i dont actually think I could handle snow.

I like this mentality. It manages to keep certain applicants happy with their choice of school while simultaneously dissuading them from the schools that I want to attend. :laugh:

I'd go to UoP personally. I've heard nothing but great things about the school. With that said, Tufts is also a great school with top notch facilities. Can't really go wrong with either imho.

a dentist once told me uop is good, but tufts clinical skill is superior. Just ask dentists and they'll tell u.

a dentist once told me uop is good, but tufts clinical skill is superior. Just ask dentists and they'll tell u.

Funny I heard the opposite. I vividly remember hearing the statement of Tufts being the UOP of the East coast. It also has a good clinical build in its curriculum.

Yeah...I've pretty consistently heard the opposite as well.

I don't think you will be hurting clinically wherever you end up... both are solid programs.

One important thing to consider is where you want to end up practicing... if you want to be in the bay area long term, or even the west coast for that matter, you may want to stick with UOP. I have heard there alumni network is pretty awesome. Plus the 3 year thing...