UOP vs UCSD anyone???

Started by Tivy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Tivy

Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone, I am accepted to UOP and UCSD this fall 09 and i am not sure which one to choose
I live in north california...so UOP is closer
Please share your opinion Thanks
 
I would definitely go to UCSD, but that is just me.
I am also from nor cal, but I went to UCSD as an undergrad, and I REALLY REALLY liked the school and the surrounding area there.
Due to some unforseen circumstances.....i wasn't able to apply there this year...that would have been my #1 choice.
I am happy that I got in USC, but I will always regret that I wasn't able to go to UCSD.
So if you've never been to UCSD, i strongly suggest u to give it a visit.
 
It really depends. You've got to weigh your pros and cons.

UCSD is a public school thus it will be cheaper than UOP if finances is a strong factor in your decision making.

UOP is a 3 year program?

I think UOP has a bigger class size than UCSD.

But UCSD has a bigger faculty to student ratio. Correct me if I'm wrong, I heard it's a 19:1 ratio.

Good luck! And congrats on your acceptances! 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If your goal is towards clinical, UCSD will have better rotation sites because it has a teaching hospital.
 
I would definitely go to UCSD, but that is just me.
I am also from nor cal, but I went to UCSD as an undergrad, and I REALLY REALLY liked the school and the surrounding area there.
Due to some unforseen circumstances.....i wasn't able to apply there this year...that would have been my #1 choice.
I am happy that I got in USC, but I will always regret that I wasn't able to go to UCSD.
So if you've never been to UCSD, i strongly suggest u to give it a visit.

I was going to say the exact same thing, minus the NorCal and the USC part. When did you graduate from SD? It would have been nice to spend another 4 years in La Jolla!

Oh yea, I believe Tivy has visited UCSD before because he/she has been interviewed and gotten accepted there.