SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

UOP vs. USN

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by prospective, Apr 30, 2007.

1. prospective

prospective 2+ Year Member

Apr 16, 2007
    Will the current students here please give me their opinion on these two institutions? Thanks so much!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. bananaface

bananaface Pharmacy Supernerd Pharmacist Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Apr 24, 2004
    gone to seed
    moving to pre-pharm, as this is a school choice question. :)

4. hpharm07

hpharm07 Banned Banned

Apr 3, 2007

OK, I will focus what these two schools have in common, who are they admitting? well, both institutions only wants your money, no doubt about that, but statistics show:

- young, fat and ugly :barf: (list of names: ****, **** ...
    - no pharmacy experiences
    - can't speak English
    - no pcat required
    - expect donations
    - high JC/state gpa
    - bs personal statement

maybe i am generalizing, but if you carefully examine each applicant, you will find at least one or more of the above characteristic, no kidding!!! :luck: :p

5. dumbguy

dumbguy 2+ Year Member

Dec 2, 2006

are you happy you got it out of your system now?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    i don't know about the fat and ugly stat. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

6. gsinccom

gsinccom 7+ Year Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Wasatch Front
    I remember seeing a thread already on this; here it is:
    http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=395437

And to refute some of the "negative" comments I'll give you some first hand information. I'll be attending next year at USN and I'm neither young(30 year old P1 this August), fat, or ugly. I speak great English and actually did an English Minor as a part of my Bachelor's degree. I have no CC credit but rather it is all from universities. My personal statement was awesome; btw most personal statments have a bit of bs in them. I had plenty of pharmacy experience, hospital work experience and tons of volunteer and leadership experience. And one other note, usually the non-PCAT schools (i.e. - UCSF, Purdue and USN) are just as hard and often harder to get into than the PCAT schools.

Take care hpharm07 - I hope things work out for you!