UOP waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StephenChan UCI

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew the chances of getting into UOP from the waitlist? Last years stats or previous years stats?

Members don't see this ad.

And another question...do people get rejected after interviews or is everyone who interviews bascially put on the waitlist?

Originally posted by StephenChan UCI
I was wondering if anyone knew the chances of getting into UOP from the waitlist? Last years stats or previous years stats?

Hi Stephen, I was on the waitlist last year at UOP. The waitlist is separated into thirds...top third, middle third, and bottom third. I think if you are on the top third you have a good chance of being admitted. I was in the middle third last year and I did not make it, so bottom third is probably pretty unlikely.... I think there are about 100 ppl total on the waitlist so u can sorta figure out where u stand in the list. Good luck and hope to see you at UOP this fall :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Would anyone let me know how long uop is suppose to give you the answer after the interview? It has been a month since the interview and I haven't heard anything. Tired waiting, it's killing me. :(

Rainbow,

I called UOP last week with the same question regarding acceptance letters and i was told that the class for fall 2004 is all full. Veronica at the admissions office also told me that letters will be mailed out by april 15th. I interviewed on march 5th. I was also told that i was put on the waitlist.

Thanks StephenChan UCI. I had interview on March 12, should I give them a call? If the class is all full, what are our chances of getting in :(

Rainbow,

I would advise you call the admissions office if you want to find out the status of your application. When i called it took them a few minutes to tell me my status. Also, gettin in from the waitlist all depends on your position on the waitlist like previously stated and how many of the pre-phar students at UOP who dont make the grades. The more pre-phar students who dont make 2.7 gpa, the more spots that open up for people like me on the waitlist.

Another thing is that for those who are on the waiting list, living near or relatively close to Pacific does help. It will be easier for them to call those people up and they can move their stuff quicker than someone who is in NY per se.

EarlyEditionDude,

You know I just came to thinking, that Gary Hobson guy or whatever from Early Edition always seemed pretty cute to me! :laugh: Hmm.... JK. Sorry for the random thought. Haha. Anyway, too bad that show had to end. :cool:

Thanks Stephen,
There is no need to call the office now, I got the letter and :( I am on WAITLIST.

pharmdgrl, how can you find out where you stand and should I send the transcript for Winter quarter to school anyway?

Rainbow said:
pharmdgrl, how can you find out where you stand and should I send the transcript for Winter quarter to school anyway?

It should say on your waitlist letter whether you are on the top third, middle third or bottom third...at least mine did last year....If you still want to be considered send in your transcript for Winter as soon as the grades are ready. In fact, if you did well it can actually help you if you are on the waitlist because I don't think they assign numbers. I remember them telling me that when a spot opens up they look over all the apps in the top third in making their decision.

pharmdgrl,
Yes it said on the letter. I had not read the letter before posting :p . They divide waitlist to two this year I guess before they state that I am on the top half and they also ask for the updated transcript. I hope more spaces will open up soon otherwise I am dying of depression. :rolleyes: