peerless218

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 20, 2008
San Francisco
www.facebook.com
Status
Dental Student
Hey people who are on UOP's waitlist from the previous applciation cycle (2008-2009,) has Ms. Mary Lynch from UOP called you guys yet?? I got a phone call from her couple days ago asking what my plan is right now. She asked if I plan on attending other dental school or..what do I have in mind. I told her I declined my other school offer and I am waiting on Pacific. Then she basically said ok, just reapply and turn in your updated transcript, oh wait looks like you did all those already. You are all set and ready to go.

From my understanding, I thought they usually give you some "suggestions" as to what you should be doing this year, but she didn't suggest anything to me. So I'm just curious, did Mary or Kathy tell you guys to do something specific???

DCeater

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
not for me. just to send in the application again.

hammieDDS

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2008
Status
a friend of mine told me that if you got WLed at UOP and didnt get in, youre pretty much guarenteed a spot the next app cycle...perhaps THATS why you guys dont need to do anything!

hammieDDS

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2008
Status
a friend of mine told me that if you got WLed at UOP and didnt get in, youre pretty much guaranteed a spot the next app cycle...perhaps THATS why you guys dont need to do anything!

ddsbruin

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 6, 2008
CA
Status
Dentist
they usually tell people on wl who may need to take a few more classes to do so or gain some more dental experience. if thats not necessary for you, then just reapply and youre set.

for uop wlisters who are willing to wait a year...they cant give you any official written documentation guaranteeing that youll be accepted the following cycle, but they can basically verbally guarantee you. thats what i heard from dr. yarborough. but anyways if youre set on coming here next summer, we look forward to meeting you!

OP
peerless218

peerless218

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 20, 2008
San Francisco
www.facebook.com
Status
Dental Student
Ya....it is usually too good to be true for this kind of things to happen. UOP is my dream school and it's definitely worth the gamble of turning down other school acceptance and wait a year without a written documentation!!!! My hand was seriously shaking and my heart was beating pretty fast when I signed my decline offer last cycle. It's alright, it is worth the wait!!