UOP - What rank of Wait list?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:(
I had a loooonggg conversation w/ Veronica about admission to T.J. Long

-No one has cancelled.

-The trend is that last year.....it was the same situation cancellations came in June and they only took a few off the waiting list. Its getting more and more competitive. I COULD HAVE APPLIED 4 YEARS AGO W/ THE MINIMAL RQUIREMENTS-I PROBABLY WOULD HAVE BEEN DONE BY NOW!!!!!!!!!!! AHHH! :mad::mad::mad: Thats just the way things work.

-She said the only HOPE is if students from their own program dont meet the requirement.....and then again thats only like 5 ppl w/ a miracle.

- I am in the process of re-applying FOR THE 3rd TIME-I FEEL LIKE SUCH A LOSER!

All we can do is re-apply. What I feel like:

Sitting on this barstool talking like a damn fool
Got the twelve oclock news blues
And Ive given up hope on the afternoon soaps
And a bottle of cold brew
Is it any wonder Im not crazy? is it any wonder Im sane at all
Well Im so tired of losing- I got nothing to do and all day to do it
I go out cruisin but Ive no place to go and all night to get there
Is it any wonder Im not a criminal?
Is it any wonder Im not in jail?
Is it any wonder Ive got

Too much time on my hands, its ticking away with my sanity
Ive got too much time on my hands, its hard to believe such a calamity
Ive got too much time on my hands and its ticking away from me
Too much time on my hands, too much time on my hands
Too much time on my hands

Well, Im a jet fuel genius - I can solve the worlds problems
Without even trying
I have dozens of friends and the fun never ends
That is, as long as Im buying
Is it any wonder Im not the president
(hes not the president)
Is it any wonder Im null and void?
Is it any wonder Ive got

Too much time on my hands, its ticking away at my sanity
Ive got too much time on my hands, its hard to believe such a calamity
Ive got too much time on my hands and its ticking away from me
Too much time on my hands, too much time on my hands
Too much time on my hands

Have you considered cancellations? What if those who got accepted to UOP got accepted later to UCSF or USC, which is their number 1 choice? Anyone here got the stats of last year on cancellations from June to August?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't have exact figures but I think it is in the neighborhood of twenty last year.

The choices will have to be made soon by acceptees as deadlines, registration requirements, and tuition deposit deadlines kick in pretty soon.

I feel there will be at least fifteen more openings till first day of class toward the end of August. That must be a conservative figure! :) :luck:

Tried to reach Veronica, she is on vacation until the 16th....Liz isnt very helpful.

Members don't see this ad :)
Tried to call them today and all I got was a recording. They must have taken the week off! :(

This is the time we need feedback and we are left dangling. Patience is a virtue........and life goes on!

Has anyone or their friends been pulled off the waitlist recently? By the time Veronica gets back from Vacation........a few people could change their mind and hopefully we get a phone call..........the phone call! :)

Y'all enjoy the Fourth of July! :D

Tried to reach Veronica, she is on vacation until the 16th....Liz isnt very helpful.

emailing isn't helping also. Has anyone got any replies emailing Veronica in June?

Finally got through to ADCOM counselor this morning. The waitlist count was around 100 and approx. 15 ppl have been pulled as yet.

More students are rejecting their posts this year than last year with the advent of more pharmacy schools out there and more choices for students.

That means a better chance of being picked in the top portion of the waitlist.
I asked about applying again to Pharmcas and was told to hold off till the end of July......you could save a few hundred $. :cool:

Well, it might not be that bad after all........there is light at the other end of the tunnel........that's if you have tunnel vision!!

Best of luck to all....:luck: :)
emailing isn't helping also. Has anyone got any replies emailing Veronica in June?

Finally got through to ADCOM counselor this morning. The waitlist count was around 100 and approx. 15 ppl have been pulled as yet.

More students are rejecting their posts this year than last year with the advent of more pharmacy schools out there and more choices for students.

That means a better chance of being picked in the top portion of the waitlist.
I asked about applying again to Pharmcas and was told to hold off till the end of July......you could save a few hundred $. :cool:

Well, it might not be that bad after all........there is light at the other end of the tunnel........that's if you have tunnel vision!!

Best of luck to all....:luck: :)

I just talked to Liz today. She said 32 people are in the top portion of the waitlist. I asked her how many she predicts will get pulled off the waitlist in July and she said she doesn't know because this year, there were so many cancellations compared to last year. Predicting how many people will cancel in the future is nearly impossible. PharmD101, did you talk to Liz or someone else? I like to keep my hopes high but it's hard.

My contact was with Liz also. I predicted around 30 in the top portion. July will bring the cancellations in as the registration/tuition deadlines from different Universities cause many to make up their mind sooner.

Best of luck! :) :luck:
I just talked to Liz today. She said 32 people are in the top portion of the waitlist. I asked her how many she predicts will get pulled off the waitlist in July and she said she doesn't know because this year, there were so many cancellations compared to last year. Predicting how many people will cancel in the future is nearly impossible. PharmD101, did you talk to Liz or someone else? I like to keep my hopes high but it's hard.

Last week I spoke to Liz and she had just got back from a week's vacation. The count is at 30 in the top portion of the waitlist.

Time is ticking away......we have about thirty days to ponder!

Does anyone have any good news? ;)

I haven't contributed to this thread for awhile so I thought I'd check in.

I still haven't heard anything from UOP...for whatever that's worth. So much for the "top" portion of the waitlist, huh? :rolleyes:

I've made plans to attend another pharmacy school. :cool:

I haven't contributed to this thread for awhile so I thought I'd check in.

I still haven't heard anything from UOP...for whatever that's worth. So much for the "top" portion of the waitlist, huh? :rolleyes:

I've made plans to attend another pharmacy school. :cool:

which pharmacy school do you plan to go to and if accepted to uop in the future, will you go to uop instead?

which pharmacy school do you plan to go to and if accepted to uop in the future, will you go to uop instead?

I'll be going to Creighton (campus-based). As such, I've just relocated to Nebraska so at this point I don't think I would go to UOP.

UOP's 3-year program is tempting, though.

Well, It seems the Admissions Committe is having some serious long meetings for the past two days.

I am unable to get through to any of the counselors. Sounds like something is brewing - I sense some serious activity going on.

Though, I couldn't squeeze any blood out of the turnip......all I got was an "I don't know."

I mean his lips were sealed. Either way, sit tight guys, I see a giant roller coaster event..........in the coming weeks! :laugh:

We shall wait and see!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)

cancellations? I wonder why?? do you have any family members that go to or went to UOP School of Pharmacy? That certainly helps (two years ago, my sister didn't get the UOP application out until Christmas [past the Tier 3 deadline date] but got in by February because her sibling's a pharmacy student there :) Sure spares the agony of reapplying)

I have good news for hopefully one of you guys. My spot opened up as of today I think. I'm doing the joint PharmD/MBA program and Veronica just called me to say that they removed me from the fall 2007 roster. Hehe, If you wanna thank me, I'm still looking for a roommate. Goodluck!

I have good news for hopefully one of you guys. My spot opened up as of today I think. I'm doing the joint PharmD/MBA program and Veronica just called me to say that they removed me from the fall 2007 roster. Hehe, If you wanna thank me, I'm still looking for a roommate. Goodluck!

wow, thanks. I hope I get your spot!

Chemlabsucks - Hey dude..........you're the person of the day! Thanks for opening a spot for the ppl in the top portion of the waitlist.
:thumbup: :love:

I think you made quite a few people happy today - thanks for your communication.

Chemlabsucks - Hey dude..........you're the person of the day! Thanks for opening a spot for the ppl in the top portion of the waitlist.
:thumbup: :love:

I think you made quite a few people happy today - thanks for your communication.

pharmd, any luck getting thru the counselors today?

It is literally impossible to get through to the counselors at UOP at this time of year. They are usually on the phone or in meetings.

The best way is to email them! That is the only way I got thru today!
Check out the next posting......you will know why!!!! :)

pharmd, any luck getting thru the counselors today?

Guys and Gals I received the call of my life today followed by an email......from yes, you know who, Veronica.

I got accepted to the School of Pharmacy - UOP! I guess Chemlabsucks gave me his spot! Folks, Patience is a virtue.......I know, I know, the pain is undescribable and these are very trying times.

I say hang in there, if you are in the top portion there is a good chance you will get in.

In fact I was at work and missed the call. At break I checked my email since I had a hunch and when I saw the email from Veronica, I nearly fell off the chair! I think the goose bumps on my arms lasted for about an hour.

It was an awesome and shocking experience......I might as well have hit the Jackpot. This means a lot to me......I have worked the past five years to get here. I am a returning student!

I wish you all the best - Remember you get your wisdom from your dreams -
never give up....have faith, love and hope!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::love::love::love::love::love::hardy::hardy::hardy::

Way to go PharmD101!! :thumbup: :D

I knew you would make it! See you in the fall! ;)

That's a very good 100th post :laugh::laugh:

Good luck to the rest of you guys!

wow, pharmD, congratulations! You always had that hopeful cheerleading attitude and you deserve it. I hope I get that call in the next 2 weeks. Sigh.

Thank you Eskylama.......See you in the Fall! :) :laugh:

Way to go PharmD101!! :thumbup: :D

I knew you would make it! See you in the fall! ;)

That's a very good 100th post :laugh::laugh:

Good luck to the rest of you guys!

Dumbguy, Thanks for your acknowledgement. I want to wish you and the rest of the group at the top portion all the best for a chance into UOP.

Remember to keep a positive attitude - it seems to attract positive things to us.

I know it is tough to weather this storm filled with anxiety, stress, worries, the what next? feeling. This is a fact of life, remember no pain - no gain!

We have all endured a long journey till this point and we are waiting for some light at the other end to reward us. I think this was the toughest endurance test I have had to overcome in life.

I again wish you all the best - if I can be of any assistance, please feel free to pm me. gluck. :luck: :)

wow, pharmD, congratulations! You always had that hopeful cheerleading attitude and you deserve it. I hope I get that call in the next 2 weeks. Sigh.

if you know any more students doing this joint PharmD/MBA program, let us know. :rolleyes:

Guys and Gals I received the call of my life today followed by an email......from yes, you know who, Veronica.

I got accepted to the School of Pharmacy - UOP! I guess Chemlabsucks gave me his spot! Folks, Patience is a virtue.......I know, I know, the pain is undescribable and these are very trying times.

I say hang in there, if you are in the top portion there is a good chance you will get in.

In fact I was at work and missed the call. At break I checked my email since I had a hunch and when I saw the email from Veronica, I nearly fell off the chair! I think the goose bumps on my arms lasted for about an hour.

It was an awesome and shocking experience......I might as well have hit the Jackpot. This means a lot to me......I have worked the past five years to get here. I am a returning student!

I wish you all the best - Remember you get your wisdom from your dreams -
never give up....have faith, love and hope!

:

Congrats PharmD101! I have to say, with your positive outlook, you can accomplish anything.

Best of luck to you. :luck:

Congratulations to everyone who got in this year!
Actually, I kinda need your help. I am applying to UOP this year. So, I want to get some ideas about my chance of getting in with my stat. Would you mind posting your stat here? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

i'm curious...for those of you that are still on the waitlist at UOP or any other college of pharmacy...have you guys begun a new application cycle just in case you don't get into any schools this year?

Thank you for the flattery.....most appreciated. I wish you all the best of luck
in your endeavors into the world of pharmacy. :luck: :)
Congrats PharmD101! I have to say, with your positive outlook, you can accomplish anything.

Best of luck to you. :luck:

If you are on the waitlist for UOP I recommend you still fill out the PharmCas and have your LORs sent in with the transcripts. If you do not hear from UOP by the 31st of July - process your payment to PharmCas online. This way if you get accepted before the 31st you could save a few hundred $.

This way you will be in the first tier!
gluck. :luck:
i'm curious...for those of you that are still on the waitlist at UOP or any other college of pharmacy...have you guys begun a new application cycle just in case you don't get into any schools this year?

haha thanks...but i'm a first time applier! i was just curious how the 2nd timers were doing it..hopefully i won't have to take your advice in a year :scared:

I GOT IN I GOT IN I GOT IN I GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT IN.

DAMN IT FEELS GOOD! Got the phone call today off the top portion of wailtlist! IT WAS MY 1st choice too! :):):):hardy::hardy::wow::hungover::hello::banana::beat:

Congrats on the peeps who got in.

Sorry but I dunno how many people are doing the same joint MBA/PharmD program like me. Just to answer the question from earlier.

Good luck!

PharmD101 - Dude you owe me dinner! haha... Congrats man, you better take good notes and keep them for me next year! LOL!

Holy smoke. Congratulations Banbidl! You must be the happiest person in the world right now for sure. :laugh:

I must be the only regular on this thread not accepted yet.

Muhwaawawawaa.

Man that must be a supernatural feeling...........right!!!!!!

I was worried about you for a while...........and the poor horse you were beating on for quite some time!!!!!!!!!

Welcome aboard! Patience is a very trying thing...........but it is the virtue that counts.

I GOT IN I GOT IN I GOT IN I GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT INI GOT IN.

DAMN IT FEELS GOOD! Got the phone call today off the top portion of wailtlist! IT WAS MY 1st choice too! :):):):hardy::hardy::wow::hungover::hello::banana::beat:

Congrats on the peeps who got in.

Sorry but I dunno how many people are doing the same joint MBA/PharmD program like me. Just to answer the question from earlier.

Good luck!

PharmD101 - Dude you owe me dinner! haha... Congrats man, you better take good notes and keep them for me next year! LOL!

Lunch or dinner, No Problemo! You want to hear something funny? Veronica asks me how I knew there was an open spot. After telling her I saw it on SDN - she said "Wow, news sure travels fast!"

BTW - The notes will be there for you - don't worry.........Be happy!!!!!!!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Congrats to all those that just got in!!!! :) If you don't mind, could you please share your stats? I just sent in my UOP supplemental today, and I'm just curious about if I have a real shot or not. Thank you!!

whoops...right after I posted the previous post, I scrolled up and saw that someone had just posted the same exact question. I promise I am not trying to be one of those annoying ones on forums that just ask questions before reading the previous posts! But, I see that the question hasn't been answered yet, so I guess I'm not the only one that would love some feedback. Congrats again!!!

Congrats!

You can stop beating your horse now! ;) :D

I live in West LA, Lets meet up for drinks if you are nearby.

I Refuse to stop beating my horse! You can call PETA if you want!

I live in West LA, Lets meet up for drinks if you are nearby.

I Refuse to stop beating my horse! You can call PETA if you want!

I need to start beating my horse. Who knows, it might work for me.
+pity+:beat:+pity+

:)congrats to those who got in!!! good luck! sorry i've been MIA on the forum.. i guess i forgot to check one message after my email notified me, and my subscription didn't notify me anymore :eek:

Thanks azpixie!

Hope this thread has helped many of you seeking some form of support during the difficult waiting period.

I want to congratulate all who got in the Fall 2007 class - Cannot wait to meet you all at orientation.

For those still waiting - do not lose hope, yet. There are a good three weeks to go, and according to Murphy's law, things tend to happen!

Keep your focus and be positive. I wish you all the best. Remember - "Character counts!" :luck::luck::luck::):thumbup:

:)congrats to those who got in!!! good luck! sorry i've been MIA on the forum.. i guess i forgot to check one message after my email notified me, and my subscription didn't notify me anymore :eek:

Thanks azpixie!

Hope this thread has helped many of you seeking some form of support during the difficult waiting period.

I want to congratulate all who got in the Fall 2007 class - Cannot wait to meet you all at orientation.

For those still waiting - do not lose hope, yet. There are a good three weeks to go, and according to Murphy's law, things tend to happen!

Keep your focus and be positive. I wish you all the best. Remember - "Character counts!" :luck::luck::luck::):thumbup:

I'm crossing my fingers everyday til orientation day. It ain't over until the fat lady sings!

:laugh: you said it dumbguy... it aint over yet!!!!!

when is orientation btw?