Uop

Started by pharmgyrl
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharmgyrl

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone tell what's good about UOP? I'm writing my supplemental essay for UOP and I talked to a few UOP graduates and I visited the campus. The staff seems really nice and I know they have an accelerated program, but when I talk to people, I get the impression that they didn't like the school. I'll appreciate any comments about the school. Thanks!
 
pharmgyrl said:
Can anyone tell what's good about UOP? I'm writing my supplemental essay for UOP and I talked to a few UOP graduates and I visited the campus. The staff seems really nice and I know they have an accelerated program, but when I talk to people, I get the impression that they didn't like the school. I'll appreciate any comments about the school. Thanks!
Was it during finals week or right before a big test? I bet no one really likes their school during those periods because of the stress.
 
I talked to the students right before finals, so maybe that was why. I talked to a pharmacist that graduated from UOP and asked him what he liked about the school, and all he could say was how much he didn't really like it.
 
I think that is pretty much typical of schools anywhere. I used to think I did not like school, but now I know for a fact I don't like school. However, I do like learning and doing new things, and any school you go to will open up new doors in the long run. Therefore, I conclude that if you really don't like a school you can still delude yourself into thinking that you do if you focus on the long term. If that does not work, try picturing yourself in a demeaning, low-income job with no prospects, ten kids, a heroin addiction, and a spot on the FBI's 10 most wanted list...any school will seem a joy by comparison! 🙂

Note to self: Never drink those "special" mixed drinks your friends give you...