Uop

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

steve0036

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied for UOP in August last year. I just checked on the status of my application on school's web, but it said, "reviewed and rereview in February." Is this a bad or good sign? Does this mean I got rejected?

Members don't see this ad.

ur not rejected, at least you haven't been YET....i had a similar status and got a rejection letter in the mail last week

They're still interviewing. I see about 20 applicants coming in each week, but i hear its mostly for waitlist spots. Last year they interviewed into April and a couple people from the last group did end up in my class.

Members don't see this ad :)
steve0036 said:
I applied for UOP in August last year. I just checked on the status of my application on school's web, but it said, "reviewed and rereview in February." Is this a bad or good sign? Does this mean I got rejected?
They're only interviewing for alternate spots at this point

I know everyone keeps saying that they are only interviewing for alternate spots. I can tell you that I interviewed on Feb 2nd. They also gave me the opportunity to interview on the 13th, but I chose the earlier one for obvious reasons. I got my acceptance on the 13th and the word alternate never was mentioned to me by UoP, only by students on this forum. So I can tell you for sure that all interviews are not just for alternate spots (again as of last week).

However...
They are indeed interviewing for alternate spots along with class spots as of last week. The lady lets you know when she calls you if you are coming in for an alternate spot. There was a guy in my interview day that said he was there as an alternate. If I would have only listened to people here on the forum I probably would not have even gone to the interview so it was a good thing I called and asked.

My opinion...
If you have not heard from them yet I would not get my hopes up too high for interviewing directly for a spot in the class. I'm sure they are close to filling there spots.

However...
I would not give up hope of being contacted for an interview for an alternate
spot. The rumor that I have heard is that the alternate list is waited so if you are a competative applicant (competative applicant being a very subjective term by UoP and every d-school's ADCOM for that matter) you could have a good shot of getting in as I'm sure spots will open up...just not mine.