Uop

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jun99

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there any one here who still hasn't heard anything from the University of the Pacific? I applied pretty late (just before the deadline!), and apart from those "you've completed all the pre-rec" letters they sent me back in Decemeber, I've gotten nothing....no interview notice, no rejection....nothing. Anyone else in the same boat?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah me too. . . I sent my supplemental in by the Nov. 1st deadline and the PharmCAS in right before Nov. 1st. I got interview invites to UCSF and UCSD, so I thought UOP would invite me too. I haven't heard anything from them! Last I heard was in early February that my application was being reviewed. Gah, if they had enough applicants I wish they would have had the decency to reject me! I think I should send another e-mail to Veronica asking her if they were still reviewing my application. Eh, whatever. . .

Yeah, I sent a couple of emails this month but didn't get a response. I'm assuming we're out of the running, since it's almost March...

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I kind of figured that. Well, they should say something on their website like, we may not get to you if you apply too late. I knew that my chances weren't as good but I didn't know they were 0 percent. If you ask me, that's not very nice of them. Ha, ha, but I guess no one really asked me ^_^'

im in the same boat as u guys. i turned my app in on aug 31st, and when i called them in like november, they just told me my app was still in review. i'm fine with being rejected but i wish they would just tell me straight out. i havent heard anything at all from them. =T

Keep checking your email. I just got an interview notice from them yesterday.

im in the same boat as u guys. i turned my app in on aug 31st, and when i called them in like november, they just told me my app was still in review. i'm fine with being rejected but i wish they would just tell me straight out. i havent heard anything at all from them. =T

Wow, August......I turned in mine around OCTOBER 31...I guess if you haven't heard anything there's really no hope for me....:laugh:

Has anyone else tried contacting them?

I called them a few weeks ago asking about my application status and the lady just said they'll send me a letter at end of march. that sounds like a rejection to me haha. yea i submitted my applications by nov. 1st and have only received letters saying they're received my files and are reviewing back in novemer. I haven't heard from them since.. I wonder what's going on?!

Hmmm, UOP seems to have a weird policy of admissions. . . if they weren't even going to consider my application I don't think it was fair for them to take my $120 dollars. If they would have told me that most people applying by the Nov. 1st deadline wouldn't even be considered then I wouldn't have applied. I'd never heard anything about this regarding UOP, but I guess if I have to reapply for next year I'm applying first tier for sure.

. . . if they weren't even going to consider my application I don't think it was fair for them to take my $120 dollars. If they would have told me that most people applying by the Nov. 1st deadline wouldn't even be considered then I wouldn't have applied.

My thoughts exactly.

my friend submitted everything on Nov 1st and got an invite a month ago.

:smuggrin:
still nothing...

Members don't see this ad :)
I turned in my app at the end of Sept, and I still haven't heard anything. It's actually becoming a joke between me and my family--how long will it take UOP to reject me? So far it's been almost 5.5 months...

I turned mine in early October and got my rejection letter yesterday.

Sorry, lastemp. :( Did they give you a reason? I guess a lot of us should be expecting that now....I wonder if they even have any more interview dates.

still haven't gotten or heard anything from them. im pretty much expecting a rejection from them. :confused:

aww bummer, I'm sorry about that. :( but on the bright side, decisions from UCSF is just around the corner! Good luck!!!

Same story here...turned in my app towards the end of October & haven't heard anything, except for all the confirmation notices. I guess the 3rd tier is really the "rejection tier!" Hehehehe.

According to their website, "Final selections [are] made and decision letters begin to go out" by March 15th....which is next week. So I'm now pretty much under the assumption that if we haven't heard by now, we no longer have a chance....I'm actually starting to find this a bit humorous:laugh:. (Although it would have been much funnier if I hadn't wasted money on UOP.)

I submitted my supplemental and PharmCAS apps the first week of October. I got all of their generic letters stating that everything had been received and was up to date. I got a denial letter the last week of January. I didn't receive an interview and I wasn't even placed on hold. I was pretty bummed.

If I learned anything this go-around, I learned you need to apply early.

what are your guys' stats if you don't mind me asking? i'd just like to see if applying late(er) really does determine your chances of acceptance.

My Science and Cum GPAs are both around 3.85. I work in a research lab at Amgen. Some ECs but not a ton. I'm waiting to hear back from UCSD and UCSF. I think that applying early definitely makes a big difference at UOP, considering they start interviewing in Sept/Oct. If you really want to go to UOP, apply early!!

Wow, I actually got an email from UOP today inviting me to interview! I thought it was too late in the process, but I am so happy to be wrong! My interview date is March 23rd...did anyone else get an email today as well?

Wow, I actually got an email from UOP today inviting me to interview! I thought it was too late in the process, but I am so happy to be wrong! My interview date is March 23rd...did anyone else get an email today as well?

Wow, I really thought they were done with their interviews. Congrats!

hey jun99... i turned in my application 2 weeks before and i interviwed in the last session and i ended up getting in...goodluck!

So I actually got an email today inviting me to interview at the end of March. Haha:laugh: . I'm kind of amused that the day they sent me the email is the same day their website says they would be done with admissions decisions.

HI, i justed received an interview for UOP too.... i wonder how many spots are left....

HI, i justed received an interview for UOP too.... i wonder how many spots are left....

I can't imagine there are too many left -- it seems like a lot of people have already been accepted. Does any one know any admissions stats for this school? How many total are interviewed, how many total will be accepted?

Wow, that's crazy (but great!) that you guys got interviews. It doesn't seem like anyone here on SDN has an interview with me next week on the 23rd, though.

From what I gather reading the UOP threads, it doesn't seem like they've accepted many people yet. A lot of people seem to be on some type of hold. Can't be totally sure, but that's the impression I get.

I have a question:

According to their website, they say it's better to apply early because there are more interview spots available.....does that mean that once you actually get an interview your chances of acceptance are just as good as those of people who interviewed months ago?

I have a question:

According to their website, they say it's better to apply early because there are more interview spots available.....does that mean that once you actually get an interview your chances of acceptance are just as good as those of people who interviewed months ago?

I was actually wondering the same thing.. I don't think anyone can tell you that answer except for the UOP adcoms though.

I got rejected from uop yesterday w/o interview.
They didn't say why, but I guess one of my rec, which was from a pharmacist, was not good enough.
Since the pharmacist did not know me well,
I didn't expect a good recommendation from her anyhow.
I forwarded 3 recommendations from those who know me very well to pharmcas,
and sent the pharmacist's recommendation only to uop.
So far, I interviewed with all of the other schools I completed supp for,
but only uop turned me down w/o interview.

For those who want to go to uop, turn in your app early
and build solid relationships with pharmacists
so you can get at least one strong recommendation from a pharmacist.

For those who want to go to uop, turn in your app early
and build solid relationships with pharmacists
so you can get at least one strong recommendation from a pharmacist.
I agree with turning your application in early. I submitted October 6th, and I feel like that was too late. I found out in late January that I was rejected, without an interview.

I'm not sure how much emphasis is put on the recommendation letters though, compared to other areas. I submitted three solid recommendations (one from a professor and two from pharmacists) and I wasn't offered an interview. I knew one of the pharmacists very well... we worked together, went to see a few baseball games with other co-workers, have had lunch, etc.

Turning your application in early seems to be a huge factor. But, they really want you to well-rounded in everything: Grades, extra-curricular, work experience, personal essay and communication skills, recommendations, courseloads, etc. At their open house, they seemed to stress grades and work experience the most.

I was actually wondering the same thing.. I don't think anyone can tell you that answer except for the UOP adcoms though.

I think I remember them saying at the interview that it's true. If you apply early, you do have a better chance of getting in because it showed you cared enough to do so.

I got accepted today! I am very happy, but someone else is going to get my spot because I just sent in my deposit to UCSF. I got an acceptance letter from UCSF yesterday. Best of luck to you all.

I got accepted today! I am very happy, but someone else is going to get my spot because I just sent in my deposit to UCSF. I got an acceptance letter from UCSF yesterday. Best of luck to you all.

congrats! when did you interview for the uop spot and what tier were you? also what is your stats may i ask? thanks.