UoP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eternalxdemon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok... i can't stop screaming at the top of my lungs so i'm going to share it all with you guys... i got a call today!!!!! OMG!!!! i got a call. Janelle called me and offered me interviews on Oct. 13 (monday... which is a stretch... >.<), Thursdays Nov. 13 or 20. i chose nov. 13. i'm so FREAKING EXCITED!!!!!!! :):):):):):)

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats!!!

I know the feeling! Good luck!

ok... i can't stop screaming at the top of my lungs so i'm going to share it all with you guys... i got a call today!!!!! OMG!!!! i got a call. Janelle called me and offered me interviews on Oct. 13 (monday... which is a stretch... >.<), Thursdays Nov. 13 or 20. i chose nov. 13. i'm so FREAKING EXCITED!!!!!!! :):):):):):)

Congrats. Can I know why you were rejected by UCSF? Bizarre...

Members don't see this ad :)
I have no idea.... :-\ I didn't even bother asking cuz i figure if they rejected me they had their reasons... plus there are the other schools i applied to... even if ucsf was my first choice... :( but eh. wat's done is done. but i think it could've been the bio grades.

Congraatzzzz!!!:)

lol, congrats :) My interview is Oct 16th...since UCSF was your first choice, is UoP now your first choice? Possibly a norcal girl?

You like norcal girls?

I know three people whose first choice is UOP. One of them is from Georgia, one from NY, and the other is from Texas. Sorry, no norcal girls for you in those cases.

lol, congrats :) My interview is Oct 16th...since UCSF was your first choice, is UoP now your first choice? Possibly a norcal girl?

nah i'm a so cal girl but one of my closest friends goes to cal state sf. so it'd be nice to live with her. :) and i think i'd enjoy the change in weather and 3 years of d school haha.

Congraatzzzz!!!:)

thanks.

congrats! how long was your file in review for before they called you? good luck on the interview! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats and good luck on your interview:thumbup:

Congrats eternal! You deserve it. Knock it out of the park:thumbup:

I got the same call today too! I am so excited :) I am a norcal girl and would love to return home for dental school. I'm going on Monday (yikes!) wish me luck!!!!

Maybe they saw that you were only recently interested in dentistry (possible switch from pre-med)? Your predents show you only recently started dental shadowing and was volunteering in a hospital for awhile.

Congrats btw.

Edit: How do you get an interview invite from ASDOH September then a rejection in October?

I got the same call today too! I am so excited :) I am a norcal girl and would love to return home for dental school. I'm going on Monday (yikes!) wish me luck!!!!

Congrats!!!!! :) haha i couldn't do the monday interview. gl with that!

Maybe they saw that you were only recently interested in dentistry (possible switch from pre-med)? Your predents show you only recently started dental shadowing and was volunteering in a hospital for awhile.

Edit: How do you get an interview invite from ASDOH September then a rejection in October?

They didn't like my interview at asdoh and plus they told us they day we interviewed that we'll know within 1 month of our interview day if we will be rejected or not. like whether or not our app will go on to the second round.

and as for pre-med i was never pre-med. the hospital thing was for community service. my research project was clinical research on psychiatric patients looking at their oral hygiene. :)

You like norcal girls?

I know three people whose first choice is UOP. One of them is from Georgia, one from NY, and the other is from Texas. Sorry, no norcal girls for you in those cases.

No preference for norcal girls, just took a wild guess based off her preferences. I'm from norcal so its just nice to see who else from norcal may be going to the school I want to go to.

congrats ... im still waiting for UoP ... your post makes me a little nervous about Arizona though

Congrat!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D Hopefully, u can pass the great luck to me, so I could get the call from UOP, too!!! Good luck on interviews!

congratulations.

congrats ... im still waiting for UoP ... your post makes me a little nervous about Arizona though

thanks. and for arizona it shouldn't i royally f'ed up my interview cuz i wasn't prepared for it and well i was planning on havin asdoh be the back-up, but eh. b/c it was one of my first interviews it was goign to be my practice run. just make sure you don't repeat yourself like i did... haha

Congrat!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D Hopefully, u can pass the great luck to me, so I could get the call from UOP, too!!! Good luck on interviews!

thanks!! good luck to you too on interviews!

congratulations.

thanks

SOO LUCKY! I can imagine exactly how you feel =[

As of now, I think I have no chance though. Can't help but feel that way