Upcoming Interview at Duquesne

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

regent08

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello there,

I'm traveling to Duquesne from California for an interview and am a bit nervous. Has anyone gone for an interview at Duquesne for the Post-bac program? And if so, do you know what types of questions they ask? Is it just an interview to get to know you, or is it like med school interviews where they can ask you tougher questions (about healthcare, ethics, etc)?

Any advice would be really helpful! Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

If anyone has any advice for post-bacc interviews in general, that would be really helpful. Any little bit of advice would be really appreciated! Thanks!

I have lived in Pittsburgh near Duquesne so you should know that Pittsburgh is a really nice city albeit small and family oriented. As for the interview questions, things that I was asked included:

- why do you think a PB would be good for you?
- what are you hoping to get out of your PB experience?
- what made you change fields and come into medicine?
- where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- what are your interests outside of medicine?
- what kinds of medical related or volunteer experiences do you have?

I hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
What is the name of the program at Duquesne?

The program at Duquesne is called the Post-Baccaulaureate Pre-Medical Program.

Hi I hope this question isnt too personal but what was your gpa and SAT score for Duquesne university? I applied and got rejected so I'm not sure what they are looking for since I know that they accept alot of minorities and I fall into that category and I have good amount of volunteer experience. Thanks

edit

Last edited:
Hi.
I actually had my interview at Duquesne yesterday. I liked the atmosphere and my interview, wasn't really an "interview." My application was forwarded to the grad school for consideration into the dual PPMP/MHMS program. Do you think it's worth doing or should I solely do the Post-Bacc program? Also, did you take a prep course for your MCATs? And finally, how did you find housing (craigslist only?) I would really appreciate it if you had the chance to get back to me. ThANKS!!!