Upcoming Interview at Goucher

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eggcarton

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview coming up at Goucher. Any advice? Also, does anyone know general acceptance rates for applicants who interview?
Thanks-

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone? I'm interested to hear about other's experiences, and what to expect. Types of questions?

First of all, congratulations on the interview! Now I'm guessing yours will be a little different than mine, as I'm not in the US and had to do a phone interview. I actually would have preferred an in-person interview because I believe it's easier than a phone interview. But I must have done well enough because I will be at Goucher this upcoming spring.

I guess all I can recommend is to not worry too much. The questions are very straight-forward and they really just want to get to know you better, so don't expect any "curveball" questions. It was actually one of the easier interviews I've ever had because it was more personal. I think you should be fine.

Hope all goes well with the interview!

I had my interview last week and was accepted today so hopefully I'll see you there this summer!

The questions are pretty straight forward--Why not choose a career closer to what you studied as an undergrad? Why do you want to switch to medicine? Why Goucher? What medical/volunteer/research experience have you had? What other extracurriculars do you have? Be prepared to talk about how your past career/experiences have prepped you for medical school. They just want to get to know you better, so be natural. Think of questions to ask them too.

Good luck! :luck: