Update as a caretaker?

Started by PNSNDLTN
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PNSNDLTN

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My mom is very sick right now (stage IV cancer), so a majority of my time is spent taking care of her medically (Tube feeds, gastric drainage, IV meds, jejunal meds, etc.). I mentioned that my mom was sick in my secondaries to many medical schools, however, I don't think I made it clear that I am a full blown caretaker. I don't want schools to think I'm just messing around during this gap year by not having a research job. The reality is that I'm very busy, and I've learned a lot medically from this experience. Should I send an update letter to schools detailing what exactly my responsibilities are day to day?

Thanks very much.