Update/Interest Letters?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

arrowhead1

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I've had 3 interviews last month, but was put on hold for all of them and haven't heard from my other schools in a while. Would it be a good idea to send update letters to the schools I haven't heard from yet and letters to the 3 schools I interviewed with to state my continued interest? Or maybe studentdoc is making me paranoid?
 
Read the 47 other threads, but a summary since they are super difficult to find:

Too early. Send them mid/late November.
 
So I've had 3 interviews last month, but was put on hold for all of them and haven't heard from my other schools in a while. Would it be a good idea to send update letters to the schools I haven't heard from yet and letters to the 3 schools I interviewed with to state my continued interest? Or maybe studentdoc is making me paranoid?
Personally, I wouldn't send a letter after only a month unless a significant change occurred. For example, if you started shadowing when you didn't have any shadowing experience at your interview, I would send that as an update, but to send a letter indicating continued interest after just a month seems a little too soon, IMHO.