Update Letter Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sunny142

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm looking for advice regarding an update letter (timing and content). I submitted most of my secondaries early to mid July, and I'm currently sitting on one II to Pritzker. I believe a weakness in my application is clinical volunteering. My main patient engagement comes from a sociological project I did working with patients in community and clinic settings to tell their stories and understand the cardiovascular health crisis in Tennessee (250 hours). This would be listed under "social justice" in my primary rather than anything clinical related. Beyond that, I have 40 hours of clinical volunteering in a foreign country.

I am taking a gap year, and since graduation, new updates would include:
- Volunteering in a free clinic (~50 hours)
- Volunteering in hospice care (~20 hours)
- A project I was working on was accepted into an NSF innovation program.

Would appreciate any insight/advice on when to send an update letter, thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all, I'm looking for advice regarding an update letter (timing and content). I submitted most of my secondaries early to mid July, and I'm currently sitting on one II to Pritzker. I believe a weakness in my application is clinical volunteering. My main patient engagement comes from a sociological project I did working with patients in community and clinic settings to tell their stories and understand the cardiovascular health crisis in Tennessee (250 hours). This would be listed under "social justice" in my primary rather than anything clinical related. Beyond that, I have 40 hours of clinical volunteering in a foreign country.

I am taking a gap year, and since graduation, new updates would include:
- Volunteering in a free clinic (~50 hours)
- Volunteering in hospice care (~20 hours)
- A project I was working on was accepted into an NSF innovation program.

Would appreciate any insight/advice on when to send an update letter, thank you!
It's too early for an update, especially one that just tells about some new volunteer hours.

Reactions: 1 user
Too early. Update after you get an invitation to interview and have accumulated 100 hours in the activity you want to tell us. You also don't know if this is why you have not gotten an II.