Update Letter Timing

Started by uzi
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

uzi

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have submitted my secondaries for most schools and since getting verified I have gotten 3 poster presentations at both local and international conferences along with 1 abstract publication. Additionally, I got a new TA position and an independent research project. I haven’t included any of these in my application as they are recent and was wondering if I should send an update letter now or wait a couple of weeks to get my application relooked at. Would it be more beneficial to wait since I just submitted my secondaries a few days ago?
 
I have submitted my secondaries for most schools and since getting verified I have gotten 3 poster presentations at both local and international conferences along with 1 abstract publication. Additionally, I got a new TA position and an independent research project. I haven’t included any of these in my application as they are recent and was wondering if I should send an update letter now or wait a couple of weeks to get my application relooked at. Would it be more beneficial to wait since I just submitted my secondaries a few days ago?
You should wait for an II or finish your independent research thesis. It's way too soon.
 
  • Like
Reactions: uzi