Update Letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fightingillini122

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just got news that a paper of mine has been published. I am hoping for some advice on if/when to send an update letter. I have 5 II (2 completed so far). I plan to send ann update letter to the two schools where I have already interviewed. I was wondering if it is wise to send the update to the other 3 schools prior to my interview, or if I should wait until after my interview? Also, does the publication alone warrant an update to the schools that are yet to offer me an interview? Thank you for any help

Members don't see this ad.

Yes good to update the places you previously interviewed at. I would share the info during your interview at the remaining 3 places.

I probably would not bother sending this update to places that haven't offered an interview.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes good to update the places you previously interviewed at. I would share the info during your interview at the remaining 3 places.

I probably would not bother sending this update to places that haven't offered an interview.
Got it. Thank you very much

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering if it is wise to send the update to the other 3 schools prior to my interview, or if I should wait until after my interview?
You can wait until your interview.

Does the publication alone warrant an update to the schools that are yet to offer me an interview?
Not usually, but if you want to send it, you should be okay.

You can wait until your interview.

Not usually, but if you want to send it, you should be okay.
Thank you very much for the advice. I just received a delayed decision from one of the schools I interviewed at. Would you recommend simply sending them an update letter or would it be alright to make it similar to a letter of interest that happens to include my update?

Thank you very much for the advice. I just received a delayed decision from one of the schools I interviewed at. Would you recommend simply sending them an update letter or would it be alright to make it similar to a letter of interest that happens to include my update?
Brevity is best.