update on UCSF?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ljca

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when the next round of acceptances will be sent out? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

ljca said:
Does anyone know when the next round of acceptances will be sent out? Thanks!

I'm pretty sure right now they trickle in, sending out a few accpetances at a time.

I just spoke with Bob McKenzie a couple of hours ago. He mentioned the next ad com meeting would be March 15. That is when the next round of acceptances will be sent out. Hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone been accepted lately?? If so could you post your GPA/DAT to see where we stand in their "ranking" system. To my understanding GPA/DAT scores take up a large majority of the ranking score.

hootanfellows said:
has anyone been accepted lately?? If so could you post your GPA/DAT to see where we stand in their "ranking" system. To my understanding GPA/DAT scores take up a large majority of the ranking score.

I was accepted this past friday. I interviewed in mid november, so it took them a long time to finally let me in. To give hope to others, my GPA was ~3.4 and AA19. I hit it off with my interviewer i guess, but there still is hope for all of us with less than stellar stats. Good luck, and hopefully Ill see you in San Fran in the fall

hootanfellows said:

I was accepted toward the end of February. I had a 3.2 GPA and 23AA/19PA. I ended up deciding not to go to UCSF and just submitted my withdrawal on Friday, so there should be at least one more spot open.

So there's hope yet. Thanks for the replies!

I called and talked to Bob McKenzie last week. He said their class is about 75% full and they hope to have a full class by mid to end of March with an alternate list ready. So by the end of March it is either accepted, on the list, or officialy turned down. Good luck to all of us.

souperman said:
I called and talked to Bob McKenzie last week. He said their class is about 75% full and they hope to have a full class by mid to end of March with an alternate list ready. So by the end of March it is either accepted, on the list, or officialy turned down. Good luck to all of us.

bump

From the trend that I've seen here on SDN, UCSF usually calls the accepted students on thursday. After speaking to rob mackenzie last week he told me they would making this past tuesday march 15. So if any of us got accepted to UCSF we should hopefully be getting phonecalls today thursday march 17. Lets hope for the best and good luck to all.

DREDAY said:
From the trend that I've seen here on SDN, UCSF usually calls the accepted students on thursday. After speaking to rob mackenzie last week he told me they would making this past tuesday march 15. So if any of us got accepted to UCSF we should hopefully be getting phonecalls today thursday march 17. Lets hope for the best and good luck to all.

I got in on march 1, but sadly no call :( I guess I wasn't special enough. So don't get down if you don't get a call, because you might be getting the large package in the mail! Good luck to everyone

almost the end of marc.? would it be fair game to say that once april hits, that it's over?

nothen2do said:
I got in on march 1, but sadly no call :( I guess I wasn't special enough. So don't get down if you don't get a call, because you might be getting the large package in the mail! Good luck to everyone

I called and talked to Bob today. He told me that UCSF had filled their class this week and that they will now start putting together an alternate list. Sorry to burst some of your bubbles. Good luck with getting on that list.

souperman said:
I called and talked to Bob today. He told me that UCSF had filled their class this week and that they will now start putting together an alternate list. Sorry to burst some of your bubbles. Good luck with getting on that list.

I interviewed at UCSF in late February and just got my acceptance letter in the mail today. I guess there must be a few seats left for those of you still hoping hear from them.

Quiet,

How did you hear from them? Phone or Mail? and When did you also.

Thanks

QuietGuy said:
I interviewed at UCSF in late February and just got my acceptance letter in the mail today. I guess there must be a few seats left for those of you still hoping hear from them.

jonnytight said:
Quiet,

How did you hear from them? Phone or Mail? and When did you also.

Thanks

I got the letter today in the mail. I found out later that infosource was also updated.

Edit: Dr. Alexander called me two days after I received my acceptance letters.

for those that have already gotten accepted...congrats! anyways..i was wondering if any of you are out of state applicants...i'm still waiting for a reply from ucsf..and i'm not a cali-resident....any luck left for me?

I got my acceptance letter in the mail over break either friday or saturday, but no phone call. :D

anyone else besides me still waiting on ucsf? i interviewed in late november and haven't heard a word since. i figure it's time to take the loss and move on. :(

I interviewed January 31. Yesterday, I received a letter stating that I was an alternate. I am mailing back the postcard to notify them that I'll be withdrawing my application. Good luck to everyone else!!

I also interviewed there January 31st, was notified of my alternate status on April 2nd, and on April 6th I checked webtools and my status was changed to provisional admit. So it looks like they're moving people off the alternate list. Let the party begin! Good luck everyone! :)

grrrrrawr said:
anyone else besides me still waiting on ucsf? i interviewed in late november and haven't heard a word since. i figure it's time to take the loss and move on. :(

Got a letter today for the alternate list. Guess we'll keep on waiting. I didn't think I had a good chance so believe me there is still hope