Update the FAFSA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jammocah

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished filing my taxes for 2004. Do I have to go back into the FAFSA to give my accurate numbers? The school I'm going to wanted that filled out back in February so I just rounded off using my 2003 tax return. I'll have to send the school my signed 2004 tax return anyway by April 30 so they'll see accurate numbers... do I have to update on the FAFSA website itself too?

Members don't see this ad.

jammocah said:
I just finished filing my taxes for 2004. Do I have to go back into the FAFSA to give my accurate numbers? The school I'm going to wanted that filled out back in February so I just rounded off using my 2003 tax return. I'll have to send the school my signed 2004 tax return anyway by April 30 so they'll see accurate numbers... do I have to update on the FAFSA website itself too?

No, you don't have to, but you might as well, to avoid any problems. (I have failed to update it in the past, without problems.)

If you don't do it, and your school gets a copy of your 1040, then they will go in and do the update for you. :D

Febrifuge said:
If you don't do it, and your school gets a copy of your 1040, then they will go in and do the update for you. :D

I don't recall ever sending my school tax information other than that listed on the FAFSA.