Updated transcripts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tigre21

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do DO schools typically request updated transcripts from students that have already graduated before they make their final decision? (if so would you know which ones?)

The reason I ask:
I am in a class (as a nondegree student, b/c I graduated already) that I am debating to either get a W in or to get a B at the HIGHEST. This is an anatomy class that I thought would help me, but now it's turning out to be more work than I expected. I am just debating whether a W will look worse than a B or possible C. I can probably get that B if I worked my ass off...but I dont realistically know if that's going to happen. I also did NOT list that I am taking this class in AACOMAS.
I am just so confused about what to do right now and would really appreciate any advice/feedback :(

Members don't see this ad.

As long as you are positive you can receive a C or better I would go ahead and finish the class. If a school has already accepted you, it is in "my opinion" highly unlikely they would pull that acceptance for a C. On the other hand a D or especially an F could have an effect. Best thing you can do is go ahead and call the school and ask in a diplomatic manner of course.

Concealing the letter grade is not a great idea. I am sure people do it and get away with it all the time, but is something that could screw you in the end. Best of luck with the anatomy!:luck:

you're right and I do want to stick it out...but i'm not sure if it's not more worth it to spend time on secondaries and to just take the W in a nonrequired class.
decisions, decisions...