Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Updates from Buffalo waiting list

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by history _ice, May 5, 2004.

  1. history _ice

    history _ice Member
    10+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2000
    Messages:
    33
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hey,

    I called the admissions office today, and i was told that i'm still in the upper third of the waiting list and that they have already went through almost two pages of people, I hope that means that I will be contacted soon. With that in mind. I want some advise,
    1. I'm accepted to ROSS university in the carribean and they need an answer from me soon, should I reject their offer?
    2. should i start looking for apartments in Buffalo.

    Please advise about the likelyhood of me getting into UB.

    ~ice
     
  2. Mr. Rosewater

    Mr. Rosewater Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2003
    Messages:
    796
    Likes Received:
    0
    i would decline ross and hope for UB, but that's just me.
     
  3. history _ice

    history _ice Member
    10+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2000
    Messages:
    33
    Likes Received:
    0
    :confused:
    my only problem with that is that at least Ross is an acceptance already, and if I don't get into buffalo i don't want to wait a year or two to start med school.

    ~ice
     
  4. Mr. Rosewater

    Mr. Rosewater Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2003
    Messages:
    796
    Likes Received:
    0

    i think you've got a good chance @ UB, and waiting a year is better'n going to the carib. anyway.
     
  5. freddydpt

    Physician 10+ Year Member

    Joined:
    Apr 1, 2004
    Messages:
    842
    Likes Received:
    140
    MDApps:
    Status:
    Attending Physician, DPT / OTD, Physical Therapist
    I would not count your chickens before they hatch. Just call Ross and tell them your situation. If they want you to come to their med school then they'll understand. As far as UB, I know someone accepted and will be declining soon, so the waitlist keeps on a movin'
     

Share This Page