updates on UMDNJ?

rals

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 30, 2005
  1. Dental Student
Hey guys, anybody heard any news lately? I'm waiting to hear back in the next couple of weeks. I interviewed with them in January.

I know they're almost full, but I'm still really hopeful. I can't help it - I want to be there!

News anyone?

Bocci Balls

10+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2006
NJ
  1. Dental Student
I called last week and was told that they mailed out 23 or 27 (can't remember) acceptances for the remaining 13 slots. These applicants have until 2/12 to return their deposits.

I hope UMDNJ asks me to be their Valentine!:love:

About the Ads

straightchillin

10+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2007
  1. Pre-Dental
thats impossible. They would never accept more students than they have room for in a class. If the class is only 90 students, there is no way they are oversubscribed by 2 already and are still waiting on hearing back from 12 people. If all 12 accept then there are going to be 104 kids in a class of 90 and that cannot happen because they lack the capacity for that.

Bocci Balls

10+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2006
NJ
  1. Dental Student
thats impossible. They would never accept more students than they have room for in a class. If the class is only 90 students, there is no way they are oversubscribed by 2 already and are still waiting on hearing back from 12 people. If all 12 accept then there are going to be 104 kids in a class of 90 and that cannot happen because they lack the capacity for that.

straightchillin - You don't know what you are talking about. The current freshman class has 94 students because they over offered. Some how they manage. Even if they receive 104 deposits they don't expect 104 students in August. A lot of people will make a deposit to school 'A' while they wait for school 'B', which is their #1 choice.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.