Updating AACOMAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorPenguin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I submitted my AACOMAS on 7/25.Between now and then, I have gotten a tutoring job, started volunteering at an underprivileged school, helped restart an Honors organization at my campus, joined another club, and became the President of a new club (lots of club stuff haha).

I was wondering how I would go about sending AACOMAS my updates. I've already started to get secondaries a few weeks ago, but only submitted LECOMS (still need a DO letter). Should I email the schools and give them my updates? How would I go about doing this? Is there a specific format I should utilize?

I also wonder if the schools will see this as suspicious that I became a part of all these things within about a month's time. Is this something I should be worried about?

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

So I submitted my AACOMAS on 7/25.Between now and then, I have gotten a tutoring job, started volunteering at an underprivileged school, helped restart an Honors organization at my campus, joined another club, and became the President of a new club (lots of club stuff haha).

I was wondering how I would go about sending AACOMAS my updates. I've already started to get secondaries a few weeks ago, but only submitted LECOMS (still need a DO letter). Should I email the schools and give them my updates? How would I go about doing this? Is there a specific format I should utilize?

I also wonder if the schools will see this as suspicious that I became a part of all these things within about a month's time. Is this something I should be worried about?

Thanks so much!

Don't worry. Send updates to the schools you have sent secondaries to and update your AACOMAS as well. They send out updated applications every Tuesday morning. As long as you aren't Bs'ing then you have nothing to worry about.

Sounds good, thanks for the response!

Would you happen to know if this works for TMDSAS as well? my tmdsas has not been transmitted to schools yet (should happen in the next couple weeks). Should I update the tmdsas now? Or would it cause problems since it's still being verified?

Sounds good, thanks for the response!

Would you happen to know if this works for TMDSAS as well? my tmdsas has not been transmitted to schools yet (should happen in the next couple weeks). Should I update the tmdsas now? Or would it cause problems since it's still being verified?

To be honest, I don't even know what TMDSAS is. I'm going to look it up though. (hehe). I'm assuming it has something to do with Texas Medical and Dentistry blah blah something for the SAS. Give it a search up top. I'm sure there is a thread on it here.

I'm not sure how it works with TMDSAS, but with the AACOMAS I updated during the verification process and the updates appeared on the first release to the schools- at least as far I could see. Again, as long as you are being truthful, why not update? Go for it. No one said anything about doing something new right?

:)