updating application with aoa status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rjp202

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i just recently found out i made aoa (there's no junior aoa at our school). don't know if anyone has experience with this, but would it be okay to forward copies of the appointment letter to individual programs? i know the typical protocol would be to send it through sfmatch, but i'd rather not wait 2-3 wks since it might help secure some interviews.

Members don't see this ad.

The same thing happened to me. I ended up contacting the secretaries for each program and emailing a scanned copy to each program. I also took copies with me to the actual interviews. I think I also sent it to sfmatch, but I don't remember.

Hello everyone,
I know this is an old thread, but I did not want to make a new thread when a similar one already existed.
I just found out I made senior AOA, but I submitted my CAS/SF Match application 3 weeks ago. I have already received e-mails from some programs asking for additional statements (Why our program over another?). So I don't think I can contact SF Match to have my status changed since my application has already been distributed.
Should I just do what the previous poster suggested? Send a copy of my AOA admittance letter to the program secretaries? I've read AOA status can help garner couple more interviews; I just did not want to miss that opportunity.
Thank you in advance for your suggestions!

Members don't see this ad :)
AOA is a big deal and you definitely want programs to know that you got it. Congrats! I would do the following:

1) Update AOA status on SF Match website
2) Email AOA letter to PCs and ask that it be added to your application
3) You can bring a copy of the letter to interviews, but I doubt you will use it

Perhaps the SF match website has changed since I applied, but when I found out that I was chosen for AOA I immediately logged into the site and changed the information on my profile. It was an option in a drop-down box along with Step scores. Programs can actually search applicants on the website based on criteria like board scores and AOA status, so it's ideal to update that information.

Reactions: 1 user
AOA is a big deal and you definitely want programs to know that you got it. Congrats! I would do the following:

1) Update AOA status on SF Match website
2) Email AOA letter to PCs and ask that it be added to your application
3) You can bring a copy of the letter to interviews, but I doubt you will use it

Perhaps the SF match website has changed since I applied, but when I found out that I was chosen for AOA I immediately logged into the site and changed the information on my profile. It was an option in a drop-down box along with Step scores. Programs can actually search applicants on the website based on criteria like board scores and AOA status, so it's ideal to update that information.

Thank you for the info! You're right...you can update your status in that drop down box. I was unaware of that. I really appreciate your advice!

Reactions: 1 user