1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Updating Application with Research

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by gbbdoc, Dec 2, 2005.

1. gbbdoc

gbbdoc Member
    5+ Year Member

I am currently applying to schools and during my glide year I am working in a pediatrics research lab. As of yesterday I have submitted an abstract, in which I am the first author, regarding my research. I want to inform schools of this, what is the best way to go about this? Should I send them a copy of the abstract along with a cover letter detailing whom it was submitted to? If so, should the abstract be on any special type of paper (eg hospital/university stationary) or is normal printer paper appropriate?
    Anyone with experience I would appreciate your help. My PI is submitting one to Case along with a letter (since he's a faculty member there and it is where I am conducting my research), but I am concerned about how to go about submitting to the other schools I am applying to. I als have interviews on this coming Monday and Tuesday, should I just take copies of the abstract with me?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. carrie

carrie Member
    7+ Year Member

MD/PhD Student
    I am currently in a similar situation and am also unsure how to handle it. I called a few schools and asked them what to do. They said that sending updates is totally fine. So, I guess we have nothing to loose by sending them additional information.

Good luck to you!

4. jwnduke

jwnduke Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Definately take the abstract with you to the interviews. Take multiple copies, and if you get on the topic of your research during the interview give the interviewer a copy. I did this at my state school, and at the end of the interview he asked to keep the abstract. At another interview my research never really came up, so I left the abstracts in my portfolio. Did not hurt to bring them though!
    Good luck at your interviews.