updating DAT score after submitting the app

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kimcath2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

so I'm retaking my DAT in august but since everything else was ready, I was gonna submit my app. with my, of course, old DAT score, right?. I just totally assumed there was going to be a checkbox where I can indicate to hold my application til my second DAT score. but there is NONE! I called AADSAS and they freaking told me starting this cycle 2011, I have to individually call the schools and let them know. so I made bunch of calls today to make sure they'll hold my application and most of them were nice about it except for BU and Temple! they REFUSED to hold my application although I'm probably not the only one who applies with not updated DAT score. they told me whatever they'll get from AADSAS is whatever they'll look at. I was so frustrated. Has anyone run into this problem yet? I was so overwhelmed the fact that they refused to hold my app, I don't think I'd wanna apply to either of those 2 schools.

Please let me know how you guys go about it!

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys

so I'm retaking my DAT in august but since everything else was ready, I was gonna submit my app. with my, of course, old DAT score, right?. I just totally assumed there was going to be a checkbox where I can indicate to hold my application til my second DAT score. but there is NONE! I called AADSAS and they freaking told me starting this cycle 2011, I have to individually call the schools and let them know. so I made bunch of calls today to make sure they'll hold my application and most of them were nice about it except for BU and Temple! they REFUSED to hold my application although I'm probably not the only one who applies with not updated DAT score. they told me whatever they'll get from AADSAS is whatever they'll look at. I was so frustrated. Has anyone run into this problem yet? I was so overwhelmed the fact that they refused to hold my app, I don't think I'd wanna apply to either of those 2 schools.

Please let me know how you guys go about it!

thanks

If you don't mind me asking, what were your scores? Maybe you still have a chance either way?

I contacted 9 schools and here's what I got:

UOP - send them a letter with name, aadsas #, date of DAT, and dentpin (she didnt the dentpin mention this but i will)
UCSF - will contact me back. she had no idea
USC - they said they will know from dentpin? email them in a week, after app
WESTERN - email them to let them know ur retaking
UNLV - its on the supplemental, so do that fast
Midwestern (Arizona) - qualification for the supplemental, its there
UCLA - just reply back to the supplemental email and tell them

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I got 19AA19TS22PAT. nothing below 18 (RC) but my GPA is really really really low so I was planning on exceeding my DAT score. haha. but since I recently took it (in may) I have to wait til Aug.

thanks for your list!
according to my list, besides Temple and BU, everywhere else does hold your app. til your newest DAT score!

Hi, I got 19AA19TS22PAT. nothing below 18 (RC) but my GPA is really really really low so I was planning on exceeding my DAT score. haha. but since I recently took it (in may) I have to wait til Aug.

thanks for your list!
according to my list, besides Temple and BU, everywhere else does hold your app. til your newest DAT score!

LOL...I was gonna say, those DAT scores are really good.hahaha Is your GPA below a 3.0? B/c some people on these boards say that it's low, when it's really not that low.:laugh: I think w/ those scores you MIGHT be ok...you never know though.

i also don't think you need to retake a 19/19/22

do u think you can break 21+?
because 19 and 20 is very small diff, and 19 to 21 is not that big of a leap right?

Kim...what all schools did you contact?

I am in the same situation, and I will contact schools tomorrow. I have spoken with Temple before and usually the admission people seem very nice and personable, and it really surprises me that they were that rude. I will see if I get the same response and keep you updated.

ahhh i'm in the same situation too! i was planning on taking my DATs in july, but I already have all of my application complete (just waiting for transcripts and LORs to come in). do you think it's better for me to just wait until i take my DATs in july and then e-submit or submit now and contact them like your doing?

i was under the impression that the schools can receive the application even without DATs, and that they can just receive them once the AADSAS is updated with the scores and resent to them. but i guess because you already have a previous score, if you send now most of them will judge you on what you obtained -- so i guess you have a different scenario.

anyone have any feedback to me? what if you didnt already take the DAT, but are submitting the app early and then the DAT will be received later, however the schools should receive both around the same time? thanks

I just called ASDOH and they told me that "since I only have one chance per year" and that they start reviewing applications in July, I need to call them and let them know that I'm retaking the DAT so they can put it on hold.

I don't know if she was 100% certain but I spoke to the admissions person. I was always under the impression that July was SUPER early to start reviewing considering most people SUBMIT their application in July.

So I guess I'll e-mail them now.

hey kimcath have you submitted your application yet? i think i might just call up all the schools too now :p

UMich doesn't hold applications either :p

dang so i really want to apply to boston, but that means i'll have to wait to the end of july to submit my application..is it worth it?

Which schools don't hold applications?

the only one that replied back to me so far was umich and i've seen on previous threads that said boston doesn't hold applications either.

hey 2pacclone, i saw that you were taking your DATs in august..are u going to wait until after you take your DATs to submit your application or are you submitting now?

wait, so is it okay to e-sumbit my application, even though i haven't taken my DATs yet? I'm planning on taking them near the end of July.

I guess I'm in the same boat.. I am taking the DATs again in Aug, but I already submitted my App... I completely forgot about the retake button. I thought that it would have been known or something. I guess I better start contacting ASAP

the only one that replied back to me so far was umich and i've seen on previous threads that said boston doesn't hold applications either.

hey 2pacclone, i saw that you were taking your DATs in august..are u going to wait until after you take your DATs to submit your application or are you submitting now?

I already submitted everything (application, LOR, transcripts, everything!)