Updating GPA after submitting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adizzle87

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you know if its possible to update your GPA after submitting? Would it be better off to hold off applying by a month (applying in mid-late June( if it meant a 0.10 boost (3.25 to 3.35 in my case)?

What I'm afraid of is being rejected off the bat with the 3.25 (statistical filtering), whereas if I applied later w/ a 3.35 they'd be willing to give my file at least a glance.

thanks for the input guys!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
oh ur applying next year.. mid-late june is NOT LATE at all.. of course may 16 would be better (sooner) but u'll be fine. i guess every point makes a difference. GL

any more input guys? i really don't know what to do.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know if its possible to update your GPA after submitting? Would it be better off to hold off applying by a month (applying in mid-late June( if it meant a 0.10 boost (3.25 to 3.35 in my case)?

What I'm afraid of is being rejected off the bat with the 3.25 (statistical filtering), whereas if I applied later w/ a 3.35 they'd be willing to give my file at least a glance.

thanks for the input guys!!

you dont have to decide this right now..you have like 9 months to think about it. also, you can update your stuff after submitting...but not until like November or December.
see how you do on the DAT and then you can decide. good luck

So I took the DAT and I got myself 21AA/22TS/24PAT... should I apply on June 1st with a sGPA 3.0X or hold off on it until my Spring grades come out late June when my GPA hopefully becomes 3.1X? In the former case I would definitely send my transcripts in for my Spring classes the minute they come out, but would I be at an overall advantage if I applied later with a slight higher GPA?

I was thinking the exact thing! Final grades for me for the spring quarter doesn't come in until June 25th, and I have yet to take the DAT, which I'm thinking of doing probably late July? Because doesn't AADSAS take 4-6 weeks to process everything then send it out. So I don't know if that'll be way too late. I don't know what to do now...

You can always use the 'Academic Update' period starting in Mid-November. That's what I'm going to do anyway. I'm gonna use those spring classes and summer classes to boost my GPA during the 'Academic Update' period.

However, I'm pretty sure they invite you to interviews well BEFORE that update period so they will only look at your grade up to Spring, but not including spring in their AADSAS GPA calculations. Thus, I wouldn't worry about it much. Just rape your GPA from here and you should get an interview even without the update period.

Because the application opens up June 1st, do you think submitting on June 1st with a 3.4X GPA is better than submitting with a 3.5X on June 30th?

Because the application opens up June 1st, do you think submitting on June 1st with a 3.4X GPA is better than submitting with a 3.5X on June 30th?

in short, yes. if you have a good dat score you have pretty competitive stats