updating GRE scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psu17

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I plan on re-taking the GRE in late Oct/early Nov but want to submit PTCAS this week or next week.

If I mark the test as "planned" on my application, am I able to enter those scores at anytime after I submit my app? or do I have to wait until the academic update?

If I can enter the scores at anytime, can I enter the verbal and quantitative scores right after the test, or do I have to wait until I receive my official scores, with percentiles, in the mail?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I have no idea how that works. I'd suggest emailing PTCAS customer service and asking them - they're very quick in responding.

I have, three times - none of them have answered my actual question - they just tell me information on their website in the instructions sections that I already know.

I've emailed them about other questions and have had great results, I don't know what the problem is here. It kind of seems like the people emailing me back don't know English that well. I sent them a third email, hopefully I get a different person or better answer this time.

Thanks anyways

Members don't see this ad :)
Did they ever get back to you PSU?

Im sorry you are frustrated. If I remember correctly when I applied last year, I was retaking my GRE after I had already planned to submit my application. You have to mark planned and then during the academic update period I believe, you update your scores. Either way it doesn't really matter in my opinion because you still have to send your OFFICIAL scores and transcripts to every school. Hope that helps :). Oh and I did find that information on the PTCAS website you just have to search for it.

I have, three times - none of them have answered my actual question - they just tell me information on their website in the instructions sections that I already know.

I've emailed them about other questions and have had great results, I don't know what the problem is here. It kind of seems like the people emailing me back don't know English that well. I sent them a third email, hopefully I get a different person or better answer this time.

Thanks anyways

I was able to add in my scores after submitting as well as add in another "planned" test date with no problems. :)

Well, I've had no luck with the emails - so I gave them a call.The women told me that I COULDN'T add additional test scores/dates after I submit my application.

Immediately afterwords, I also found the information on the website (it's in the general instructions PDF and there is a list of things you can update after you submit) The instructions say that you CAN add new GRE scores/dates.
So I called back and the same lady had no explanation. She told me that the information was probably outdated. I figured she had no idea what she was talking about.

I sent and email with the list of things you can update and explained what I was told and asked if everything on the list was accurate- the response said yes.
I figured I had enough information to fight it, even if PTCAS didn't let me update the scores.

But good to know that you two have actually done it (Tom and Markel) Thanks for the help!

Well, I've had no luck with the emails - so I gave them a call.The women told me that I COULDN'T add additional test scores/dates after I submit my application.

Immediately afterwords, I also found the information on the website (it's in the general instructions PDF and there is a list of things you can update after you submit) The instructions say that you CAN add new GRE scores/dates.
So I called back and the same lady had no explanation. She told me that the information was probably outdated. I figured she had no idea what she was talking about.

I sent and email with the list of things you can update and explained what I was told and asked if everything on the list was accurate- the response said yes.
I figured I had enough information to fight it, even if PTCAS didn't let me update the scores.

But good to know that you two have actually done it (Tom and Markel) Thanks for the help!

Hey PSU

What is the list that can be updated after you e-submit?