Updating the application/ resume with dental experience?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bluejellybelly

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi fellow applicants,

I don't know how many of you took on a dental related job right after graduating your last year of college, but I had a great opportunity to be a dental technician in a dental restoration lab. I've acquired quite a large number of hours since then. Would it help if I updated my application/ resume details at the colleges? Would it count as dental related experience even though its my job? (I mean, all I do is make partials, bridges and crowns) I haven't got a single interview yet, but I'm starting to think too much... tapping into the possibility of master's programs and such... 😕😕
 
The dentist I shadow for knows of someone who had pretty low stats (gpa/dat), but who took up a x-ray job in a dental clinic. This experience actually really helped him gain acceptance into a cali school. You should call up the dental schools and see what they say, but I think that it would only help to have such experience.