UPenn 2nd major

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nweb

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone checked out this option in the pre-med post bacc section for UPenn?

If so, I wonder if they would allow transfer credits toward this second major...

What do you guys know?

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently in the Penn special sciences post-bacc program. Im not sure what you are asking, but can answer any Q's you might have.

Jonathan,

I would enjoy knowing more about the UPENN program.

Thanks,
chasmo

Penn offers two types of post-bacc's, one, called the special sciences program and the other, the pre-health program.

If you were not pre-med as an undergrad, then the pre-health program would be more suited for you. If you have taken the pre-med courses, then the special sciences is for you.

I am in the special sciences program, only part time b/c i also do research full time. They offer a good variety of classes, and you need a minimum of six to receive a letter of rec. However, that being said, taking 6 doesnt gaurentee you a letter; you must have done well in those six courses.

One of the advantages of these programs is that you are with other people who are in the same boat as you are. The classes are offered independent of the undergraduate classes, so you are not taking classes with any of them, which would only stress you out more.

Are you done, or finishing your undergrad soon?
Let me know if this helps, i can answer any Q you might still have.