UPenn, American, Duquesne, or Bennington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JSZ3

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any insider knowledge about these 4 programs or know which one is the best about getting people into medical school? UPenn Prehealth, American Postbac, Duquesne Postbac or Bennington College Postbac.

Members don't see this ad.

It kinda depends on what you're looking for.

If you're interested in doing a one-year intensive program and linking to a med school to skip the glide year, then Penn is probably your best option. I think they have 6 or 7 med schools to choose from (I think Duquesne might have a linkage or two but not 100% sure).

However, if you're not looking to link (for whatever reason) or are looking to complete the classes on a part time basis than IMO any of the schools will be great. Your gonna bust your ass and need to shoot for As wherever you go.

That being said, I've heard really good things about Bennington (I think it would be way more popular if they had links), mostly good things about Penn (some spotty advising lately), and zero about Duquesne and American.

Oh, and take what I say with a good chunk of salt...I don't start my post bac 'till this summer so I really don't know ****. Good luck.